Old March 26th 04, 02:15 AM
Charles Hawtrey

"Corbin Ray" crawled to the nearest keyboard
and summoned the courage to write:

Cuba? Then it hit me. Some people consider Radio Havana's programming to be
Anti-American propaganda (I used to feel that way myself a few years ago).
What I heard last night, though, was no more or no less anti-American that
what I hear every day on the US radio and television networks.

I've also noticed that Havana's reportage has lately been less
strident than usual. Maybe they're trying to make nice in a U.S.
election year, or maybe they've wised up and realized that the shrill
stuff doesn't convince anybody. Who knows.

Anybody remember Radio Tirane back in the Hoxha era?

--
Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make
you mad. (Aldous Huxley)
Old March 27th 04, 04:28 AM
starman

Charles Hawtrey wrote:

I've also noticed that Havana's reportage has lately been less
strident than usual. Maybe they're trying to make nice in a U.S.
election year, or maybe they've wised up and realized that the shrill
stuff doesn't convince anybody. Who knows.

Anybody remember Radio Tirane back in the Hoxha era?

I can still hear that woman's insufferably dull voice. Albania hated
everyone back then, with the possible exception of Cuba.

Old March 27th 04, 04:54 AM
Brian Hill

"Melvin Creep" wrote in message
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++
Gosh Chuckie you really know how to hurt a guy! Actually I think I did
rather well considering it was 2 a.m., I'd been up for 20 hrs. and was
talking on the phone while composing. I've been around too many
brilliant people to consider myself an intellectual so rest assured
that I harbor no delusions about that. But really, when you have to
stoop to pointing out typos you really make yourself look like a dork
with way too much time on your hands.
Melvin

Excuses Excuses!