Old March 26th 04, 03:40 AM
Bill Hansen

Default SURPLUS ANTENNA WIRE For Sale on eBay

Hi,

I have listed 10 lots of Surplus 3/16 19-strand Antenna Wire on
eBay.com

Click on this link to see the pictures and listings:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...0&BasicSearch=

If the link does not work for you, go to ebay.com and do a search for:
surplus antenna wire

Thanks,

Bill
Old March 26th 04, 05:32 AM
JJ

Bill Hansen wrote:

Hi,

I have listed 10 lots of Surplus 3/16 19-strand Antenna Wire on
eBay.com

At .42/ft I think I will pass.

Old March 26th 04, 08:49 AM
Tracy Fort

On 25 Mar 2004 19:40:28 -0800, (Bill Hansen) wrote:

Hi,

I have listed 10 lots of Surplus 3/16 19-strand Antenna Wire on
eBay.com

Click on this link to see the pictures and listings:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...0&BasicSearch=

If the link does not work for you, go to ebay.com and do a search for:
surplus antenna wire

Thanks,

Bill

You can get it cheaper at home depot...
Old March 26th 04, 09:00 AM
Brenda Ann

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
On 25 Mar 2004 19:40:28 -0800, (Bill Hansen) wrote:

Hi,

I have listed 10 lots of Surplus 3/16 19-strand Antenna Wire on
eBay.com

Click on this link to see the pictures and listings:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...a+wire&ht=1&so

sortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

If the link does not work for you, go to ebay.com and do a search for:
surplus antenna wire

Thanks,

Bill

You can get it cheaper at home depot...

Home Depot (at least their online store) doesn't have 5AWG stranded bare
copper, which is the closest I can find to the 3/16 measurement he gives
(.1875")

Old March 26th 04, 09:38 AM
Tracy Fort

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:00:15 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
.. .
On 25 Mar 2004 19:40:28 -0800, (Bill Hansen) wrote:

Hi,

I have listed 10 lots of Surplus 3/16 19-strand Antenna Wire on
eBay.com

Click on this link to see the pictures and listings:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...a+wire&ht=1&so

sortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

If the link does not work for you, go to ebay.com and do a search for:
surplus antenna wire

Thanks,

Bill

You can get it cheaper at home depot...

Home Depot (at least their online store) doesn't have 5AWG stranded bare
copper, which is the closest I can find to the 3/16 measurement he gives
(.1875")

They do at my local store. Their website actually sucks. It is much
cheaper than this guy...You should try your local HD store in S.
Korea.

Tracy

Old March 26th 04, 11:04 AM
Brenda Ann

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:00:15 +0900, "Brenda Ann"

Home Depot (at least their online store) doesn't have 5AWG stranded bare
copper, which is the closest I can find to the 3/16 measurement he gives
(.1875")

They do at my local store. Their website actually sucks. It is much
cheaper than this guy...You should try your local HD store in S.
Korea.

They may actually have one somewhere in Seoul.. they have a Wally World
there.. but the Koreans wouldn't know what heavy wire was.. they don't use
anything as large as 5AWG even in their distribution system.. our building
(six apartments) is fed with wire somewhere between AWG 8 and AWG 10..

Old March 26th 04, 09:22 PM
CW

Do they have a lot of electrical fires?

Old March 26th 04, 10:14 PM
Brenda Ann

"CW" wrote in message
Do they have a lot of electrical fires?

Not so many as you might think.. the average Korean household is not like
the average US household. Most Koreans use very few electrical appliances
(at least very few at a time.. power is VERY expensive here). Most houses
have just a few lights, a stereo, a TV and some fans. Some have A/C, maybe
an electric rice cooker.. They don't have electric stoves, nor electric
clothes dryers (or gas ones either, for the most part). Cooking is done
with LPG, heating and hot water with (the same) small oil-fired boiler.
There is no on-demand hot water. You push a button on your heating
thermostat and wait about 10 minutes to get hot water for dishes or a
shower. In addition, almost all lighting is fluorescent.. very efficient,
but also very noisy (both audibly because of cheaply made ballasts, and RF
wise)..

Also, they can get away to a certain extent with the smaller wiring because
their supply voltage is 220V/60Hz. This means half the amperage for the
same amount of power as with 120 V systems. Step-down autotransformers are
sold (primarily to GI's) to obtain 110-120 Volts for running US equipment.
In our home, we have installed specially made isolation step-down
transformers so that we could install a system with a neutral and ground
(mainly so we could use our UPS's). The Korean system has no ground. It
also has no neutral.. both wires are hot and floating (you can be shocked
touching either wire and anything that is remotely connected to Earth). This
makes it very interesting to work with.. e.g. changing a light fixture,
switch or outlet.. since the switches and breakers switch only one side of
the line...

Old March 27th 04, 07:23 AM
CW

It's no surprise that they use far less power than we do (Americans tend to
use more power per person than most). I wasn't aware that their power was
240 though. Considering that, the wire sizes are not unreasonable. The
closest I have ever been to Korea is Japan. There, they use 100 volts, 60
Hz. They too are heavily into florescent lights and on demand hot water.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"CW" wrote in message
[...]

Putting a Ferrite Rod at the Far-End of a Random Wire Antenna ? RHF Antenna 25 November 15th 04 08:15 PM
.SURPLUS ANTENNA WI For Sale on eBay Bill Hansen Homebrew 1 March 26th 04 03:46 AM
Long wire vs. G5RV/dipole John Shortwave 10 March 5th 04 03:16 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
Short STACKED Vertical {Tri-Band} BroomStick Antenna [Was: Wire ant question] RHF Shortwave 0 February 23rd 04 12:59 PM