Old March 27th 04, 08:26 PM
N8KDV

Default A04 Season

Remember, the A04 season starts at 7 PM EST tonight (0000 UTC).

If you are looking for a favourite broadcaster or program try one hour
previous to the time it has been on.

Many, many frequencies will be changing also, so if you don't know the
new frequency, good luck in finding it, and be sure to post your results
here.

Some of the new schedules are already posted he

http://eibi.gmxhome.de/hp/bc-a04.txt

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 30th 04, 07:12 PM
Love2camp5

Geesh, just when I am getting to know what I am doing, everything changes!

I realize most of the US will go to daylight savings time this coming weekend;
if I am going by UTC for my listening, nothing will change though, right???

Linda

Old March 30th 04, 08:01 PM
N8KDV

Love2camp5 wrote:

Geesh, just when I am getting to know what I am doing, everything changes!

I realize most of the US will go to daylight savings time this coming weekend;
if I am going by UTC for my listening, nothing will change though, right???

The easy answer is... some will! Some won't!

Old March 30th 04, 10:21 PM
Sanjaya

"Love2camp5" wrote...
Geesh, just when I am getting to know what I am doing, everything changes!

I realize most of the US will go to daylight savings time this coming weekend;
if I am going by UTC for my listening, nothing will change though, right???

Linda

UTC is always UTC. If you go on daylight time, UTC is one hour *less* ahead of you.
If you're on EDT next week then UTC is 4 hours ahead of you, not 5.
6pm EDT would be 2200 UTC instead of 2300 UTC.

Old March 31st 04, 04:54 PM
Love2camp5

UTC is always UTC. If you go on daylight time, UTC is one hour *less* ahead
of you.
If you're on EDT next week then UTC is 4 hours ahead of you, not 5.
6pm EDT would be 2200 UTC instead of 2300 UTC.

Okay, I've got that. Thanks,
Linda

Old April 15th 04, 04:48 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article . net,
says...

"Love2camp5" wrote...
Geesh, just when I am getting to know what I am doing, everything changes!

I realize most of the US will go to daylight savings time this coming weekend;
if I am going by UTC for my listening, nothing will change though, right???

Linda

UTC is always UTC. If you go on daylight time, UTC is one hour *less* ahead of you.
If you're on EDT next week then UTC is 4 hours ahead of you, not 5.
6pm EDT would be 2200 UTC instead of 2300 UTC.

I've found a great little tool called AlphaClock for the PC. See
http://www.irnis.net for details.

I have an old Pentium 133 that I've dedicated to radio use --
controlling my FT-817, programming my scanner, some basic logging, that
sort of thing -- and put this dinky little program in the startup
folder. Set it to display UTC and positioned it at the top center of
the screen. Stays on top of everything, shows me the time in UTC and
shows the date if I put the mouse cursor on it. I combined that with a
program called Tardis which keeps the computer clock sync'd with the
Naval Observatory (I have RoadRunner at home, sharing the broadband
across the network so all the PCs have a full-time connection) and
updates itself every hour or so just to be safe, and I have a bang-on
time reference.

Beats heck out of listening to WWV and trying to set one of those goofy
MFJ clocks! ;-)

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Sporadic E Season May Be Here Keyboard In The Noise Dx 0 May 26th 04 05:43 PM
Thunderstorm Season N8KDV Shortwave 19 March 6th 04 10:52 AM
DX Season....at last! Twistedhed CB 13 October 6th 03 12:59 AM
AURORA SEASON Igor Gros Shortwave 3 August 27th 03 07:42 AM
Hurricane season! Uncle Jizzie Shortwave 1 July 1st 03 06:22 AM