Old March 27th 04, 10:07 PM
Clark Neider

Default Drake R8 software

Help! My new system with Windows 2000 NT is incompatible with my old (1991)
Drake R8PC software. Is there a newer version out there that I can
download?

I love the posts on this group. I hope someone can come through for me.

Clark
KK7DY

Old March 27th 04, 10:14 PM
N8KDV

Clark Neider wrote:

Help! My new system with Windows 2000 NT is incompatible with my old (1991)
Drake R8PC software. Is there a newer version out there that I can
download?

I love the posts on this group. I hope someone can come through for me.

Here's the place to look for some new softwa

http://www.fineware-swl.com/

I myself do not use any computer control, but from everything I've ever heard,
Mark Fine is the guy to see and the software to use.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 27th 04, 10:23 PM
Brian Hill

try this
http://www.fineware-swl.com/src.html

Brian
--
Never under estimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old March 27th 04, 10:26 PM
Brian Hill

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I myself do not use any computer control,

You don't. How come Steve?

Old March 27th 04, 10:30 PM
N8KDV

Brian Hill wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I myself do not use any computer control,

You don't. How come Steve?

Interference issues for the most part.

Old March 27th 04, 10:36 PM
Brian Hill

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I myself do not use any computer control,

You don't. How come Steve?

Interference issues for the most part.

Yea that can be a pain. Some monitors have terrible shielding. I,I've been
lucky.

Old March 27th 04, 10:39 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:

"N8KDV" wrote in message

I myself do not use any computer control,

You don't. How come Steve?

Interference issues for the most part.

Forgot to add that I'm also stubborn and stuck in my ways too!

Old March 28th 04, 05:17 AM
Brian Denley

Clark:
Try Finewa http://www.fineware-swl.com They have two products that will
work with the R8. RLDB which is free and Smart R8 control which is
commercial and very nice.

--
Brian Denley

Old March 28th 04, 05:18 AM
Brian Denley

Steve:
You? I can't believe that! hehe

--
Brian Denley

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Old March 28th 04, 08:04 AM
Dan

In article Els9c.18764$gA5.269047@attbi_s03,
"Brian Denley" wrote:

Clark:
Try Finewa http://www.fineware-swl.com They have two products that will
work with the R8. RLDB which is free and Smart R8 control which is
commercial and very nice.

I tried Smart R8 control a year or 2 ago. Unless it's changed
dramatically, it's not much use for an R8. The "virtual R8" displayed
on screen was never in sync with the real R8. Things like frequency,
Synch status, etc. were not "in sync", so I had to keep looking at the
actual radio to see what was really going on.

Apparently things are better with an R8A or R8B. But an original R8
seems to have trouble with computer control. At least mine did.

Even if it would have worked correctly, frankly, I don't see the point.
I'd much rather just spin the tuning knob!

Dan