Old March 28th 04, 01:28 PM
N8KDV

Default Diego Garcia 13254

Diego Garcia 13254 active this morning, weather report at 1225.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 28th 04, 01:38 PM
Jim Douglas

I was hoping to be able to hear this after getting all antenna stuff
corrected, but no luck here in Dallas, TX. I spent a year on DiegoGarcia in
the 70's and would be great to pick them up.

Old March 28th 04, 01:42 PM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

I was hoping to be able to hear this after getting all antenna stuff
corrected, but no luck here in Dallas, TX. I spent a year on DiegoGarcia in
the 70's and would be great to pick them up.

Just park on the frequency and wait! They are not on continuously.

Old March 28th 04, 06:20 PM
Jim Douglas

Usually I see your posts and if the time is about the same I am there. I do
sometimes just sit on it in the early AM but nothing to date. Do you use any
type of frequency scanner that searchs for signals?

Old March 28th 04, 06:43 PM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

Usually I see your posts and if the time is about the same I am there. I do
sometimes just sit on it in the early AM but nothing to date. Do you use any
type of frequency scanner that searchs for signals?

No, I just park one of the receivers on the frequency.

Old March 28th 04, 09:46 PM
Jim Douglas

I guess I gotta get more receivers, but am going to have to get a bigger
room first. I have a large room not that's a computer/radio room. Thanks for
the info!

Old March 28th 04, 09:57 PM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

I guess I gotta get more receivers, but am going to have to get a bigger
room first. I have a large room not that's a computer/radio room. Thanks for
the info!

I have found that they do tend to propagate better most days early in my morning
period here. But, I have heard them at other times. Generally when I do try for
them it is in the morning.

I'll give a listen here later on when sunrise approaches the archipelago.

Old March 28th 04, 10:21 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Jim Douglas wrote:

I guess I gotta get more receivers, but am going to have to get a bigger
room first. I have a large room not that's a computer/radio room. Thanks for
the info!

I have found that they do tend to propagate better most days early in my morning
period here. But, I have heard them at other times. Generally when I do try for
them it is in the morning.

I'll give a listen here later on when sunrise approaches the archipelago.

Hey Jim, Diego is up on the freq at 2120.

Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 1 January 14th 04 06:54 PM
13254 Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 0 November 4th 03 01:41 PM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 1 October 29th 03 04:04 AM
13254 Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 0 October 25th 03 01:39 PM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 0 September 29th 03 01:57 PM