Old April 2nd 04, 01:21 AM
Maximus

Default It works

I connected an alligator clip to the barrel of the cable tv connector - it
works much better than the Radio Shack magnetic mount CB whip antenna LOL.
I'd love to know what you all think about current propogation conditions,
however, so I know if I'm missing much S.

Old April 2nd 04, 05:47 AM
GO BEARCATS

I connected an alligator clip to the barrel of the cable tv connector - it
works much better than the Radio Shack magnetic mount CB whip antenna LOL.
I'd love to know what you all think about current propogation conditions,
however, so I know if I'm missing much .

You've lost me here. What are you trying to accomplish? For tv purposes or
what?

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wane Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/RhapsodyMultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old April 2nd 04, 05:56 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
I connected an alligator clip to the barrel of the cable tv connector -

it
works much better than the Radio Shack magnetic mount CB whip antenna

LOL.
I'd love to know what you all think about current propogation conditions,
however, so I know if I'm missing much .

You've lost me here. What are you trying to accomplish? For tv purposes

or
what?

Gregg,

He's using the coax sheild as an antenna, presumably for a shortwave
receiver.. not the most efficient, but workable in a pinch..

Old April 3rd 04, 11:09 PM
RHF

Maximus,

What Works - WORKS ! { Oh The Joy of saying... It's Working ! }

The IDEA of using the the built-in Coax Cable TV Distribution
System in an Apartment/Condo Building is one that many Antenna
Challenged Apartment/Condo Residents simply overlook.

NOTE: If not used (subscribed to) often the Coax Cable is
'disconnected' at the buildings Main Distribution Box.
So you have a "Free Run" of Wire from your Apartment/Condo
back to the Main Box. Some times this can be more than a 100Ft.

HOOK=UPS - Try when using the built-in Coax Cable TV Distribution
System in an Apartment/Condo Building:
* Direct Connection to the Center Wire
using the Whip Antenna (Antenna Input)
* Direct Connection to the Outer Shield
using the Whip Antenna (Antenna Input)
* Try Using a 75 to 300 Matching Transformer
- One Lead to the* Direct Connection to the Center Wire
- One Lead to the Radio's Ground

FWIW: This can turn out to be a reasonabily good [Hidden] Antenna.

PLUS - Here are three additional options when using the built-in
Coax Cable TV Distribution System in an Apartment/Condo Building.

1. Use a modified "Portable Wire Antenna" (PWA) as a 'coupler'
between the Coax Cable and the Radio. (Try using theis with the
TV Matching Transformer Connected across the PWA.)
* Three Ways to Use the "Portable Wire Antenna" (PWA)

2. Try using a small simple Pre-Selector between the Coax Cable
and the Radio. Two that come to mind are the MFJ-956 or the
Grove Mini TUN-3, also you may wish to take a look at the
Yaesu FRT-7700.

3. High Frequency (Shortwave) 1 MHz to 30 MHz Band Pass Filter
to reduce the VHF and UHF TV/Cable Signals
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night...
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond - The Beyond !
..
..
= = = hlink.net...