Old April 2nd 04, 11:33 PM
Burr

Dear Cousin Steve,

Would you please refrain from referring to Mr. Bryant as "Fat Boy". We
all need to coexist here in the happy radio land and "we must" learn to
be nice to each other!
I just love my new Grundig 200, it has the nieces tuner and an adorable
crank on the side and a "very" bright light on the front, it lights the
tent so well at night.

Your in Dxing
Cousin Burr

PS; I held my hand erect and pointed my fingers as I typed, OOOh!

N8KDV wrote:

From: Burr

Troll

Be careful, Burr. Steve may challenge you on the exact percentage of Native
American blood in your veins.

I'd never challenge my Cousin, Fat Boy!

It's probably going to be a long weekend.

Yeah, you'll have to be careful not to contradict yourself, careful not to
fabricate, careful not to make outrageous claims, careful not to lie!

It's a minefield out there for you isn't it Fat Boy!

Old April 2nd 04, 11:37 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

Dear Cousin Steve,

Would you please refrain from referring to Mr. Bryant as "Fat Boy". We
all need to coexist here in the happy radio land and "we must" learn to
be nice to each other!
I just love my new Grundig 200, it has the nieces tuner and an adorable
crank on the side and a "very" bright light on the front, it lights the
tent so well at night.

Be careful Cousin with the use of the phrase 'adorable crank'. We don't wish to get
'Mr. Bryant' excited!

Old April 2nd 04, 11:44 PM
Burr

Oh, the Indian group, my family is from Galvston, Ind.!

N8KDV wrote:

Thanks, got a question for you. Are you more closely related to the Western Miami
in Oklahoma, or that portion of the Tribe that remained in Indiana?

Old April 2nd 04, 11:47 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

Oh, the Indian group, my family is from Galvston, Ind.!

Yes, Galveston, just NW of Kokomo... I know it.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Burr

All the same county!

See, we CAN have a nicer and gentler group!

Old April 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Burr wrote:

Oh, the Indian group, my family is from Galvston, Ind.!

Yes, Galveston, just NW of Kokomo... I know it.

I'm from Ft. Wayne, many of my close relatives live or lived in the
Roanoke, Huntington area.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:50 PM
Burr

I still have family in Kokomo.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:50 PM
Diverd4777

Afternoon Burr:

Things are opening up;
receiving BBC from Ascension Island 12.095
BBC from Antigua , 5.975

WBCQ from Monticello Maine ( 7.415)

& I'm planning on going Hiking at some point this weekend;
Possibly draggin the Jwin out with me

Dan

;
In article , Burr
writes:

Please tell us about the DXing in the north east?

Old April 2nd 04, 11:58 PM
Burr

Afternoon Dan
Glad your DXing is going so well. May all your freq.'s be happy ones. I
am looking forward the discussing your DXing enjoyments in further
detail over the next few hours.

Your In DXing,
Burr

PS: What's a "Jwin"?

Old April 3rd 04, 12:34 AM
Diverd4777

In article , Burr

Subject: Please keep on the topic of radio
From: Burr
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:58:05 GMT

Afternoon Dan
Glad your DXing is going so well. May all your freq.'s be happy ones. I

am looking forward the discussing your DXing enjoyments in further
detail over the next few hours.

Your In DXing,
Burr

PS: What's a "Jwin"?

Afternoon Burr:

The Jwin I refer to is the Jwin JX -M14, which I use for DX'ing on A.M. walks
through the hills of Manhattan.
On my daily inspection of rainstorms & wind storms, I can pick up all sorts of
Canadian stations relayed in from Sackville,
and, if I align it, radio Australia ;

- This on a $15 plastic set with a Digital readout.

When at altitude, I get enough signals from local A.M Stations to make for some
serious overloads;
I am about 5 miles away from numerous A.M Flamethrowers.. and the McArthur
Tower..
- So I have been asking around for info on the Kaito KA105; a very tiny set
- Which, based on reviews, and comments posted here I may purchase shortly...

The walks are nice, watching the transition from Winter to spring.

I digress.. - But I should read " Walden Pond" again

Dan ( currently listening to 7.415 )