Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th 04, 02:38 AM
tommyknocker

Default Shortwave's decline over past five years

I was just thinking about this today. Has anybody noticed that shortwave
radio has really declined over the past five years or so? We've lost BBC
and Deutsche Welle transmissions to North America, we've lost several
smaller European broadcasters entirely, other stations have drastically
cut back. Are transmitting facilities really going on the blink so soon
after the end of the cold war? Or has everybody jumped on the BBC's
bandwagon and concluded that satellite and internet broadcasting has
replaced shortwave? Any thoughts?

Already 4 years ! Thierry Antenna 4 October 4th 04 05:16 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 6 October 1st 04 07:40 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #649 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 February 22nd 04 09:15 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #649 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 February 22nd 04 09:15 PM