Old September 30th 04, 12:21 PM
Thierry

Default Already 4 years !

Hello,

To celebrate the 4th birthday of my site, I propose you a riddle : who am I
?
Four years ago was born a multidisciplinary French-speaking educational web
site which dared to approach very original topics like the theory of
relativity, quantum physics or the philosophy of sciences. In complement the
autor being impassioned for astronomy, meteorologist, photographer and
computist, he reserved a large part of his site to astrophysics,
bioastronomy and amateur astrophotography, and did recently a digression to
meteorology and ecology.
Eclectic in his opinions, prolific and verbose, wanting to touch even more
readers, he opened new English pages devoted to amateur astronomy
(astronomical optics, image processing, technical comments, software
review), radioastronomy and amateur radio, as many activities that he
practices with assiduity. But where does he find all this time wondered
readers ?...
Today this site acquired its maturity and does propose you not less than
1200 educational pages, more than 7000 images and hundreds of animations and
audio files. It even includes a translation module. It becames a reference
as testify his guest book. Childs 12 years old connect to it as well as
professors at university. One connects to it from all over the world, and to
be accurate from 155 different countries. 40% of readers are
English-speaking whose 12% come from the USA (6% from Can., 3% from the
U.K., 1% from VK) ! To wonder what magnetism comes out from this site !...
But you will judge by yourself. Have you recognized it ?

Indeed, it's LUXORION, already 4 years ; -)
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry
Partner of the French site Futura-Sciences, http://www.futura-sciences.com/

Thierry

Old September 30th 04, 07:56 PM
Thierry

"Brian Tung" wrote in message
Thierry wrote:
Indeed, it's LUXORION, already 4 years ; -)
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry
Partner of the French site Futura-Sciences,

http://www.futura-sciences.com/

Only four years? It seems like it has established itself for much longer
than that. Congratulations on maintaining your site!

Hi Brian,

It's like your C5+ website. This is like I always knew it ;-)
I see also that in a few years to extended the web a lot.

"Ony 4" maybe means that it affected you more than expected, hi !
That looks positive.
I only regret to not be able to write better in English and provide you more
useful information.
So currently I only rely on the amateur radio section written in English
where I have developed what i think are interesting pages about ionosphere
and perturbations (solar and geomagnetic) without to speak about the other
subjects. Of course there are always some English page dealing with
technical reviews (optics, astro or radio/DSP software, etc), and
radioastronomy.
FYI, for all pages written in French there is always the translation module
that could help a little and that connect you to wordlingo (but you can also
use (altavista babelfish). The result is not too bad. ;-)

Thierry

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt

Old September 30th 04, 11:03 PM
Jim Coughlin

"Thierry" http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry wrote in message ...
Hello,

To celebrate the 4th birthday of my site, I propose you a riddle : who am I
?
Four years ago snip

The AP waiting list? ;-)

Jim
Old September 30th 04, 11:52 PM
Thierry

"Jim Coughlin" wrote in message
om...
"Thierry" http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry wrote in message

Hello,

To celebrate the 4th birthday of my site, I propose you a riddle : who

am I
?
Four years ago snip

The AP waiting list? ;-)

Sorry, but what means AP ?
A new famous sponsor to Luxorion : http://www.eham.net/links/ ;-)

Thierry, ON4SKY

Jim

Old October 4th 04, 05:16 AM
Chuck Taylor

Indeed, it's LUXORION, already 4 years ; -)
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry
Partner of the French site Futura-Sciences, http://www.futura-sciences.com/

Congrats!

I hadn't been there before and it looks great!