Old April 9th 04, 01:44 PM
Al Patrick

Default Google

A friend sent me this this morning. Check it out! :-)

Al

=============

Try this soon, before Google fixes its site:

1) Go to www.Google.com

2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass destruction".

3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of

the normal "Google search" button.

4) READ CAREFULLY what appears to be a normal ERROR message.

Make sure you read the whole error message.

Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humor

Old April 9th 04, 02:21 PM
Mark S. Holden

Al Patrick wrote:

A friend sent me this this morning. Check it out! :-)

Al

=============

Try this soon, before Google fixes its site:

1) Go to www.Google.com

2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass destruction".

3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of

the normal "Google search" button.

4) READ CAREFULLY what appears to be a normal ERROR message.

Make sure you read the whole error message.

Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humor

I gather you weren't around back in July when this was first mentioned.

the "error page" you get isn't a google page - it just looks like one.

The author of that page knows how to adjust his page to get higher
placement in search engines.

Another one like this is a google "I'm feeling lucky" search on "French
Military Victories".

If you click on the "Did you mean:" link option you get another page.

Old April 9th 04, 03:08 PM
Jim Hackett

That's too funny! Too bad about the stinkin' pop-up that keeps rearing
it's ugly head DESITE the fact that I have POP-UP STOPPER enabled!

Old April 9th 04, 03:49 PM
starman

Jim Hackett wrote:

That's too funny! Too bad about the stinkin' pop-up that keeps rearing
it's ugly head DESITE the fact that I have POP-UP STOPPER enabled!

Turn off Javascript.

Old April 9th 04, 04:02 PM
Diverd4777

Try this soon, before someone fixes its site:

1) Go to www.Google.com

2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "Miserable failure".

3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button,

In article , "Mark S. Holden"

Subject: Google

Old April 9th 04, 04:11 PM
Maximus

That is like to clothing lable in a local clothing store. It was written in
french and said something to the effect of "I apologise. Our president is an
idiot." An admirable sentiment s.