RadioBanter

-   -   "Fat cat" John Kerry owns multiple million dollar mansions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41937-re-%22fat-cat%22-john-kerry-owns-multiple-million-dollar-mansions.html)

Michael Bryant April 11th 04 11:55 PM

"Fat cat" John Kerry owns multiple million dollar mansions

From: Duane

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

And GW Bush does? How ridiculous....

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

N8KDV April 12th 04 12:01 AM

From: Duane

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

And GW Bush does? How ridiculous....

No more ridiculous than a guy who lies about a PhD!

T. Early April 12th 04 12:08 AM

From: Duane

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

And GW Bush does? How ridiculous....

We will have a looooong wait before someone of modest means runs for
president, so this issue seems like a wash to me. However,
everyone -already- knows Republican pols are a bunch of prep-school
attending, family-wealth spending, corporate ass-kissing, multi-home
dwelling grown up rich kids. Democrats actually to try to pass
themselves off as otherwise for political gain, and it seems like
Kerry in particular will have a hard time doing this. Just another
reason why John Edwards (whose "only" a millionaire trial lawyer)
would have been a better choice, with his down home, "Two Americas"
schtick.

Tracy Fort April 12th 04 12:18 AM

On 11 Apr 2004 22:51:11 GMT, Duane wrote:

John and Teresa Kerry own several valuable properties in the U.S.,
including:

* A five-story, twelve-room brownstone townhouse (with six fireplaces,
a rooftop deck, and an elevator) in Boston's Beacon Hill. This home
is John Kerry's main residence and was assessed at a value of $6.6
million in 2003

* A nine-room colonial home on a 90-acre family farm in Fox Chapel
near Pittsburgh. This home is Teresa Kerry's longtime residence, where
she lived while was married to John Heinz and where she raised her
three children. It is valued at $3.7 million.

* A ski/vacation home located near the banks of the Big Wood River in
Ketchum, Idaho, fashioned from a reassembled barn originally built in
England in 1485 and brought to Idaho by Teresa Heinz Kerry's late
husband. It was purchased for $4.9 million in 1988.

* A three-story, five-bedroom waterfront estate near the Brant Point
Lighthouse in Nantucket's harbor, where John and Teresa Kerry were
married in 1995. The beachfront property is valued at $9.1 million.

* A 23-room townhouse in the Georgetown section of Washington, D.C.,
valued at $4.7 million.

The aggregate value of these five homes is roughly $33 million,
although that doesn't include the Italian villa that Kerry sold to
activist, left-wing actor George Clooney. (Associated Press, "Five
Kerry Homes Valued at Nearly $33M" USA Today, 22 March 2004)

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I don't get this whole rich thing! If I remember correctly, the
original framers of the constitution owned like 98 percent of the
country's wealth. It was designed so that the commom man could never
make policy in this country. What has changed?

Tracy

Stinger April 12th 04 01:22 AM

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message

I don't get this whole rich thing! If I remember correctly, the
original framers of the constitution owned like 98 percent of the
country's wealth. It was designed so that the commom man could never
make policy in this country. What has changed?

Tracy

Basically the requirement that you have to have a certain amount of wealth
and property to be a voter.

-- Stinger

Soames123 April 12th 04 02:08 AM

Heck!
Ol Richboy George had an entire compound built out in Crawford Texas and spent
over 50 days there in 2001...

& It Was There, On Vacation
he received a Top Secret Memo entitled...

http://www.misleader.org/daily_misle...f03242004.html

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/p...ct=911_project

Subject: "Fat cat" John Kerry owns multiple million dollar mansions

Mark S. Holden April 12th 04 02:24 AM

Soames123 wrote:

Heck!
Ol Richboy George had an entire compound built out in Crawford Texas and spent
over 50 days there in 2001...

& It Was There, On Vacation
he received a Top Secret Memo entitled...

http://www.misleader.org/daily_misle...f03242004.html

Now there's a site with an appropriate name.

They should put that stuff on Shortwave. Heck Pyongyang would probably
do it for free.

B Banton April 12th 04 05:11 AM

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:22:16 -0500, "Stinger"
wrote:

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
.. .

I don't get this whole rich thing! If I remember correctly, the
original framers of the constitution owned like 98 percent of the
country's wealth. It was designed so that the commom man could never
make policy in this country. What has changed?

Tracy

Basically the requirement that you have to have a certain amount of wealth
and property to be a voter.

-- Stinger

I think being rich is a good thing. It's what we should be striving
for as Americans. Always pushing the envelope for more wealth.
Capitalism is the best policy. I'm sure that's an ideal that
resonates with Republicans.

LW April 12th 04 05:08 PM

B Banton wrote

I think being rich is a good thing. It's what we should be striving
for as Americans. Always pushing the envelope for more wealth.
Capitalism is the best policy. I'm sure that's an ideal that
resonates with Republicans.

It seems to resonate fine with lots of Democrats, too. They make
mouth noises about sympathy for the poor, but where does the rubber
really meet the road.

Like when was the last time Teddy K. took a homeless man out for a
drink?

Drink .. get it ?

Stephen M.H. Lawrence April 14th 04 01:38 AM

"LW" wrote:

| Like when was the last time Teddy K. took a homeless man out for a
| drink?
|
| Drink .. get it ?

I'm surprised Big Teddy didn't get into the submarine pilots'
business, as opposed to running for his Senate seat.

He seems qualified, at least....

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

---

N8KDV April 14th 04 01:43 AM

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"LW" wrote:

| Like when was the last time Teddy K. took a homeless man out for a
| drink?
|
| Drink .. get it ?

I'm surprised Big Teddy didn't get into the submarine pilots'
business, as opposed to running for his Senate seat.

He seems qualified, at least....

He's a fabricator! I'll bet he's Mikeys hero!

Stephen M.H. Lawrence April 14th 04 01:58 AM

"N8KDV" wrote in message

| "Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:
|
| "LW" wrote:
|
| | Like when was the last time Teddy K. took a homeless man out for a
| | drink?
| |
| | Drink .. get it ?
|
| I'm surprised Big Teddy didn't get into the submarine pilots'
| business, as opposed to running for his Senate seat.
|
| He seems qualified, at least....
|
| He's a fabricator! I'll bet he's Mikeys hero!

I'll bet Lunchbox Mikey has a shrine.
I truly wouldn't be surprised.

73,

SL
KA0PMD

---

Stinger April 14th 04 03:38 AM

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
ink.net...

"LW" wrote:

| Like when was the last time Teddy K. took a homeless man out for a
| drink?
|
| Drink .. get it ?

I'm surprised Big Teddy didn't get into the submarine pilots'
business, as opposed to running for his Senate seat.

He seems qualified, at least....

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

---

Just once, when that demagogueing jackass is grilling some polite Republican
because the cameras are in the hearing room, I'd love to see one of them
lean forward to the microphone, look him in the eyes, and say, "Hey Ted --
Did you get a Christmas card from the Kopecknes' this year?"

-- Stinger

Michael Bryant April 14th 04 09:42 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

It's rather difficult to think of a Republican currently in Congress that
is the equivalent of Kennedy - someone you can always count on to make a
rhetorically foolish remark

Mitch McConnell
Orrin Hatch
Ron Lewis (you know the guy that proposed allowing Congress to overrule the
Supreme Court)
Newt Gingrich (oh, that's right, his own party forced him to retire!)

The list is actually pretty long, with many more excellent candidates!

N8KDV April 14th 04 09:58 PM

From: "-=jd=-"

It's rather difficult to think of a Republican currently in Congress that
is the equivalent of Kennedy - someone you can always count on to make a
rhetorically foolish remark

Mitch McConnell
Orrin Hatch
Ron Lewis (you know the guy that proposed allowing Congress to overrule the
Supreme Court)
Newt Gingrich (oh, that's right, his own party forced him to retire!)

The list is actually pretty long, with many more excellent candidates!

It's too bad you failed as a PhD candidate!

Michael Bryant April 14th 04 10:06 PM

From: N8KDV

It's too bad you failed as a PhD candidate!

I didn't. Do your own research.

N8KDV April 14th 04 10:18 PM

From: N8KDV

It's too bad you failed as a PhD candidate!

I didn't. Do your own research.

I did.

Stephen M.H. Lawrence April 15th 04 01:27 AM

"Stinger" wrote
(chuckling)
| Just once, when that demagogueing jackass is grilling some polite
Republican
| because the cameras are in the hearing room, I'd love to see one of them
| lean forward to the microphone, look him in the eyes, and say, "Hey Ted --
| Did you get a Christmas card from the Kopecknes' this year?"
|
| -- Stinger

Ted Kennedy: Life of the party, but not a very good date!

73,

Steve

---

Stephen M.H. Lawrence April 15th 04 01:29 AM

"-=jd=-" wrote

| Think along the lines of Kennedy. Next in line would be Moseley-Braun...
| You could keep going from there without digging through the history books!

I am shocked, nay, appalled!...that you'd not add Sheila Jackson Lee
and Barney....ummm....Frank...to the list!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesot

---

CentralNJBill April 15th 04 02:58 AM

"Duane" wrote in message
John and Teresa Kerry own several valuable properties in the U.S.,
including:
The aggregate value of these five homes is roughly $33 million,
although that doesn't include the Italian villa that Kerry sold to
activist, left-wing actor George Clooney. (Associated Press, "Five
Kerry Homes Valued at Nearly $33M" USA Today, 22 March 2004)

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ummm...and you're just NOW realizing that only the rich and influential
control the political process in the United States?!!

With presidential campaigns costing over $100 million per candidate, where
do you think these people get the money to run? They fund it themselves and
make promises to serve those who make the biggest donations.

Jeez...welcome to the real world, buddy.

Jackie April 15th 04 05:16 AM

Jeez...welcome to the real world, buddy.

Despite historical ideals which are supposedly entrenched in democracy,
politically speaking, America has become a plutocracy, and all of those who
are paying any attention at all know this. I love being an American, but I
cast suspicion on those who aspire to the highest offices of power. Whether
politically on the right or left, whatever party they claim to come from,
they all talk alike and act alike as far as I can tell. They rally behind
"causes" and appeal to the common person to get a vote, but the real strings
are being held from farther above.

The nature of politics is not to represent the people at large; it's to
protect and further those who have the same interests as the people who are
paying for the campaigns. IMO, the main difference between the two main
political parties in the United States is that one party is not apologetic
about it, and the other is. The effect is the same, however... money talks,
etc. etc.

I would never want to be the president of the United States. Talk about
trying to nail Jello to a wall. How hard would it be to try and effectively
represent a rag-tag group of 280,000,000 million people who are comprised of
generations of natives, immigrants, and generations of their progeny-- all
of these replete with a kazillion traditions, languages, ideals, religions
and cultures-- and make everyone happy?

Jackie

Brenda Ann Dyer April 15th 04 06:02 AM

"Jackie" wrote in message

I would never want to be the president of the United States. Talk about
trying to nail Jello to a wall. How hard would it be to try and

effectively
represent a rag-tag group of 280,000,000 million people who are comprised

of
generations of natives, immigrants, and generations of their progeny-- all
of these replete with a kazillion traditions, languages, ideals, religions
and cultures-- and make everyone happy?

This is a very well made point. No two people are going to like everything
another person does.. let alone 280,000,000 (and growing fast)

Stinger April 15th 04 12:52 PM

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Wed 14 Apr 2004 08:29:11p, "Stephen M.H. Lawrence"
wrote in message
ink.net:

"-=jd=-" wrote

| Think along the lines of Kennedy. Next in line would be
| Moseley-Braun... You could keep going from there without digging
| through the history books!

I am shocked, nay, appalled!...that you'd not add Sheila Jackson Lee
and Barney....ummm....Frank...to the list!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesot

I'm not all that familiar with S.Lee. I'll have to defer to other
opinions. I wouldn't group B.Frank with Kennedy by any means. B. Frank can
articulate a well thought-out argument without all the loony theatrics;
without pandering to the press; without hamming it up for the cameras.
Even in spite of his... you know... "lifestyle".

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

JD,

You're not familiar with Sheila Jackson Lee? She's absolutely hilarious,
and is known for two things:

(1) Chasing cameras: She's known for showing up HOURS early to stake her
vigorous claim on a photogenic aisle seat for the joint sessions of Congress
during the Presidents' "State of the Union" addresses, as well as similar
photo-ops.

But the thing that made her legendary was...

(2) When the first robotic "Mars rover" had begun operation years ago on
the Pathfinder mission, she visited Houston Space Center (photo-op!) which
is in her district in Texas. As the cameras rolled, she asked if they would
be able to send the Pathfinder to the site where "the flag" is.
(Unfortunately for Ms. Lee, "the flag," planted by Armstrong and Aldrin
is -- of course -- on the MOON.

-- Stinger

But the on

Mike Terry April 15th 04 03:08 PM

Politely, please go away as you are not on the topic of shortwave radio,
thank you.

DVDR0505 April 15th 04 04:45 PM

"CentralNJBill" wrote in message ...
"Duane" wrote in message
John and Teresa Kerry own several valuable properties in the U.S.,
including:
The aggregate value of these five homes is roughly $33 million,
although that doesn't include the Italian villa that Kerry sold to
activist, left-wing actor George Clooney. (Associated Press, "Five
Kerry Homes Valued at Nearly $33M" USA Today, 22 March 2004)

And Carey claims he supports the "working man?" Hell, he has *no
idea* how average folks live! Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ummm...and you're just NOW realizing that only the rich and influential
control the political process in the United States?!!

With presidential campaigns costing over $100 million per candidate, where
do you think these people get the money to run? They fund it themselves and
make promises to serve those who make the biggest donations.

Jeez...welcome to the real world, buddy.

What person that has been in the senate for so long has any idea of
what life is like in the "real world"? None. Those people are so far
removed from what it is like to live a life with so many things beyond
your control. Kerry is not different from Bush in his personal
wealth. They have everything and have had everything they could ever
want. The question is... How do we find highly educated, real people
to lead this country?

DVDR0505 April 15th 04 04:47 PM

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message ...
"Jackie" wrote in message

I would never want to be the president of the United States. Talk about
trying to nail Jello to a wall. How hard would it be to try and

effectively
represent a rag-tag group of 280,000,000 million people who are comprised

of
generations of natives, immigrants, and generations of their progeny-- all
of these replete with a kazillion traditions, languages, ideals, religions
and cultures-- and make everyone happy?

This is a very well made point. No two people are going to like everything
another person does.. let alone 280,000,000 (and growing fast

Not to mention the fact that you have to make at least a majority of
those people you mentioned, like you enough to vote you into office.
How can you do that and maintain any personal integrety???

MnMikew April 15th 04 07:50 PM

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
Politely, please go away as you are not on the topic of shortwave radio,
thank you.

Then ignore the thread dummy! It's not rocket science.

Mike Terry April 15th 04 07:54 PM

Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

N8KDV April 15th 04 08:14 PM

Mike Terry wrote:

Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

Not a thing. Satisfied with that answer?

metonymy April 15th 04 08:14 PM

Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

Nothing. Your newsgroup has been mugged.

Wordy April 15th 04 08:19 PM

Mike Terry wrote:
Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

Please clarify what shortwave radio has to do with New Orleans.

--

Jane

Estrogen is poison.

Mike Terry April 15th 04 08:22 PM

Yes Jane, I would like to know that as well please.

I don't understand why people think we are interested in politics on a radio
newsgroup!! ... I don't even live in the US so haven't a clue what they are
on about!!!

Mike

N8KDV April 15th 04 08:34 PM

Mike Terry wrote:

Yes Jane, I would like to know that as well please.

I don't understand why people think we are interested in politics on a radio
newsgroup!! ... I don't even live in the US so haven't a clue what they are
on about!!!

Mike

What an idiot... bitching about the topics here, now he carries on a
conversation with someone in neworleans.general.

It boggles the mind!

Get on those meds Mike... please!

MnMikew April 15th 04 08:51 PM

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

"That boy just aint right"

MnMikew April 15th 04 08:54 PM

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

Yes Jane, I would like to know that as well please.

I don't understand why people think we are interested in politics on a

radio
newsgroup!! ... I don't even live in the US so haven't a clue what they

are
on about!!!

Mike

Mike, do some research on Usenet and get back to us. And please dont
crosspost.

Mike Terry April 15th 04 09:02 PM

In that case please go away.

Wordy April 15th 04 09:19 PM

Mike Terry wrote:
In that case please go away.

You first.
--

Jane

Estrogen is poison.

N8KDV April 15th 04 09:29 PM

Wordy wrote:

Mike Terry wrote:
In that case please go away.

You first.
--

Jane

Estrogen is poison.

Guess she told him! That's what he gets for bitching about crossposting,
and then doing it himself.

Mike Terry April 15th 04 10:27 PM

Wordy!!! Best 73s mate.

"Wordy" wrote in message
Mike Terry wrote:
In that case please go away.

You first.
--

Jane

Estrogen is poison.

Wordy April 16th 04 01:08 AM

John wrote:

Please clarify what is this to do with shortwave radio please, thank you.

Please clarify what shortwave radio has to do with New Orleans.

This whole cross posting thing was started by one of the neworleans
regulars who calls himself "metonomy." Go back and look at the
headers of the very first post if you don't believe me. One header
said something like "this post brought to you by metonomy," so don't
try to ride in here on your high horse when you are really riding in
on an ass.

Get a sense of humour before you post here again.

--

Jane

Estrogen is poison.