Old April 12th 04, 08:35 PM
DK

I replaced the dial bulb with a 8 V / 80 mA, the scale and LED ones with 12
V 80 mA ones a long time ago ... and it works splendid. They are available
in Europe at www.conrad.de & www.conrad.fr .
All the best from Normandy / France

D. KREMP
49:03:31N / 1:26:14W - Normandy / France
dominique dot kremp at wanadoo dot fr

Rx:
-IC-R70 + POCOM PFC-100 + KIWA audio mods
-IC-R71E + ESKAB-Edvis PLAM unit / 4 kHz X9MD + FL44A + KIWA audio mods +
WILLCO ICM 1024 B
-Grundig Satellit 600 Prof.
Ant:
-DATONG AD 370
-DRESSLER ARA 30
-LW 25 m + mod. FRT 7700

Dan wrote:
Has anyone here successfully replaced the front panel bulbs on a 650?
I'm down to one working bulb - the one on the preselector dial.

I ordered some bulbs from Mouser, and they are the correct size. But
the base is just a tad too wide and they will not fit into the
sockets. So I'm thinking of replacing the sockets. But I thought
I'd ask here first if anyone knows a source of true replacement bulbs.

According to this page:

http://www.geocities.com/grundig_satellit/

they are OSRAM bulbs, 6-7 volt. Three of them are rated at 30ma, and
one is rated at 80ma. The 30ma bulbs are Osram #2306. I don't know
the number of the 80ma bulb.

The bulbs I got from Mouser are Chicago Miniature Incandescent bulbs,
6.3V and 20ma. These were the closest I could find.

Any ideas?

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig S650, S700, S800, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

Old April 12th 04, 11:37 PM
Dan

In article ,
T Breslin wrote:

Looks like bulbdirect may has changed their site. Can't find Eiko
lamps there using search. I'm looking at my receipt so I know I
purchased them there. Anyway, the manufacturer site is:

http://www.eiko-ltd.com/eiko/item.asp?qid=166&lid=84

That's th actual bulb on that page. It fits. You can probably find
it at Mouser or DigiKey.

Hope that helps. I'll keep looking and post if I find it. Regards

Yeah, that number is valid. A search turns up Atlanta Light Bulbs as
having them for $1 each, unfortunately they have a $35 minimum order.
I'm going to try the local "Bulb Depot" here in town, I just assumed
they wouldn't have it.

If that fails, I have confirmed via email that MTS in Texas has the
original OSRAM bulbs for $2 each, with a $15 minimum. I think they also
have the *other* bulb (for the preselector dial) that is a higher
wattage bulb. They have the OSRAM 2306 and the 2321. They are at:

http://www.mtsmicroscopes.com/

Click on the Bulbs link.