Old April 15th 04, 12:40 AM
T. Early

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth "Mark S. Holden" in

:

Drudge is reporting Air America was pulled off the air in Chicago

and
Los Angeles today because their payment for air time bounced.

According to Air America, Arthur Liu (the radio station owner) is a

lying
sleazebag.

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4851

Is this link supposed to support the "lying sleazebag" comment? All I
see is a post by someone named "Nick." who's appears to have no clue
what a "neocon" is but supplies no other info. Am I in the wrong
place?

Old April 15th 04, 12:47 AM
N8KDV

Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth "Mark S. Holden" in :

Drudge is reporting Air America was pulled off the air in Chicago and
Los Angeles today because their payment for air time bounced.

According to Air America, Arthur Liu (the radio station owner) is a lying
sleazebag.

That's what all the tenants say when the landlord shows up!

Old April 15th 04, 01:23 AM
Frank Dresser

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...

Hard to believe, too. And I don't believe it.

We'll see soon whom a judge believes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414043air1.html

One of the posters on the chi.general board says he was listening on the
internet feed, and Air America has some sort of advertising beef with the LA
station. Air America put a stop on the LA check. The station owner
retaliated by pulling the plug on the LA and Chicago broadcast.

Frank Dresser

Old April 15th 04, 01:31 AM
N8KDV

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...

Hard to believe, too. And I don't believe it.

We'll see soon whom a judge believes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414043air1.html

One of the posters on the chi.general board says he was listening on the
internet feed, and Air America has some sort of advertising beef with the LA
station. Air America put a stop on the LA check. The station owner
retaliated by pulling the plug on the LA and Chicago broadcast.

When you don't pay, you don't get to play radio.

And that is exactly what the Air America folks are doing!

Playing radio... it's almost as funny as watching my puppet Mikey dance!

Old April 15th 04, 01:37 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "T. Early" in
:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...

According to Air America, Arthur Liu (the radio station owner) is a
lying sleazebag.

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4851

Is this link supposed to support the "lying sleazebag" comment?

It's been updated, and is now he

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=7&id=4854

Who knows where it will be by the time you get there!

Air America's court filing is he

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414043air1.html

Interestingly, it turns out that besides being a sleazebag, (based on
political donations documented at FECINFO.COM) Arthur Liu is also a
republican.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old April 15th 04, 01:43 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
| Drudge is reporting Air America was pulled off the air in Chicago and Los
Angeles today because their payment for air time bounced.

| Hard to imagine they'd start up without enough cash to get through the
first month.

Just as the Pinkoes don't keep their word, they don't
pay their debts as well.

No big surprise, actually.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, MN

---

Old April 15th 04, 01:44 AM
RHF

= = = "Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
= = = ...

Drudge is reporting Air America was pulled off the air in Chicago
and Los Angeles today because their payment for air time bounced.

Hard to imagine they'd start up without enough cash to get through
the first month.

MSH,

Its only fair and balanced that since 'conservative talk radio'
makes so much money for the Broadcasting Industry.

Therefore 'liberal talk radio' should by it's opposite and
opposed nature be a money loser.

Why - The very Truth and Justness of 'liberal talk radio'
should qualify it for Public Funds and Support from every
American Tax Payer. PBS NPR, PRI and now 'liberal talk radio'.

Maybe Advertisers and supporters of 'conservative talk radio'
should be required to pay a 100% Tax that would be used to
underwrite 'liberal talk radio' programming.

Maybe the Mega Stationed "Evil Empire" Clear Channel should
be required to provide Equal Access and Equal Time on a
Station-per-Station and Hour-per-Hour basis for every minute
of the hateful 'conservative talk radio' with the more
enlightened 'liberal talk radio'.

The Ought To Be A Rule {The Fairness Doctrine}
.... but then again that was Against the Law )

jftfoi ~ RHF

..
Old April 15th 04, 01:44 AM
Frank Dresser

"N8KDV" wrote in message

When you don't pay, you don't get to play radio.

And that is exactly what the Air America folks are doing!

Playing radio... it's almost as funny as watching my puppet Mikey dance!

Putting a stop on a check strikes me as a strange business move. This
problem could go to court weather or not the check is stopped, so I'd think
Air America would rather broadcast while the whole issue is being settled.

Of course, this advertising-check stop story is second hand to me. I'd
don't know any of the real facts. The station is playing some Asian
language broadcast now.

Frank Dresser

Old April 15th 04, 01:45 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Tom Betz" wrote

| According to Air America, Arthur Liu (the radio station owner) is a lying
| sleazebag.

Oh, sure, the KoolAid drikers have been duped!
Now it all makes sense.

I choose to believe they've exhibited, at the least,
poor judgment in locating a suitable broadcast
outlet for their drivel, but I suppose you can believe
whatever you like, if that makes you feel better.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

---

Old April 15th 04, 01:48 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Frank Dresser" wrote:

| One of the posters on the chi.general board says he was listening on the
| internet feed, and Air America has some sort of advertising beef with the
LA
| station. Air America put a stop on the LA check. The station owner
| retaliated by pulling the plug on the LA and Chicago broadcast.
|
| Frank Dresser

In broadcastspeak, Air America is a "clambake."

Poor judgment, coupled with detestably boring programming,
equals failure right out of the gates.

Too bad, I really looked forward to a diverse viewpoint,
to be educated about what the Democraps stand for, but
all I've heard to date is, "George Bush and his administration
suck, 'n stuff."

The interview with the fellow who wrote "Perfectly Legal"
was the sole worthwhile effort to date.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KA0PMD