Old April 16th 04, 10:14 PM
MnMikew

"Larry Ozarow" wrote in message
Mike, thanks for the ad hominem. Now, try punching
the words "acceptible," "irregardless," or "accomedate"
into your web browser. Did you get any hits? Sure you
did, and guess what? None of those words is a real
word or an acceptable spelling of one. Web browsers
don't spell-check, they just return lists of web-sites
where a word or phrase appears. A lot of people use
these words, or commit these spelling mistakes, and
your browser, like a good robot, just reports them.
If this supposed American spelling is real, why can't
you just return a simple link to an actual reference
site that says so? I did look the word up, as I implied
in my earlier post, where I said I had current dictionaries
in my house, and none of the dictionaries I have, or could
find on the web, listed "embarass." Here is a link
to a site called "Searchspell," a commercial spell-checking
product

www.searchspell.com/word/wordem/embarass.html

It uses "embarass" as an example of a common spelling
error that it will protect its users from.

Everyone makes spelling mistakes and typos. Why can't
you just admit that you were mistaken or just skipped
a keypress and let it be done? Instead you have to make
up a factoid about British vs. American, or drag in
an irrelevancy like web-hits. You don't need Steve Lare,
you are your own worst enemy.

From: Larry Ozarow

Hey, Oz, before you look any more foolish, try punching the word (with

only one
R) into a search browser. If you're correct you should get no hits,

right?

This is a foolish thing to argue over, but you seem to have a dire need

prove that you are always right.

Take the browser test. Both spellings are correct. One is the American

version
and one is the British version. Context: Why does Lare always use

British
spellings?

Have a nice day. And, really, look it up in a dictionary.

A former spelling bee champ that can't type,

Spelling bee champ my ass. More like spelling bee chump.

Old April 16th 04, 10:45 PM
N8KDV

Michael Bryant wrote:

I think most could figure out what I meant.

Most can't figure out why you'd lie about having a PhD when indeed you did not
have one!

Don't you academic types just hate it when you get caught?

It must suck more than getting caught in a motel room smoking pot with you
students!

Damn!