Old April 15th 04, 01:14 PM
Stinger

"T. Early" wrote in message

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
From: "T. Early"

And to think, some people actually find the anti-Bush crowd
condescending and intellectually arrogant. The nerve!

I got a hoot out of listening to Republicans on WHAS-840 give the

chimp's
speech a C grade because even they were upset at his inability to

stribng
unrehearsed sentences together....

As a speech instructor, GW Bush is an embarassment to his nation.

Before you snipped the original post, it would have been more apparent
that the discussion and my comment had zero to do with Bush's ability
as a public speaker, and far more to do with calling the POTUS--a
former governor of Texas and graduate of major universities-- a
"chimp" in general. It's the kind of comment that those on the left
will -never- understand is the reason "average" Americans are so
alienated from the academic and entertainment elites in the country.

While I agree he's far from a top notch public speaker, he is also far
from an embarrassment to the nation because he exhibits firmness,
resolve, and even sincerity (at least for a politician), something
his predecessor (who actually -was- an embarrassment to the nation, as
we now know) had no concept of despite his ability to appear slick
when speaking in public. Fortunately, most appear to realize that
there is more to a president's ability to communicate than "grades"
handed out by those who were clueless about his appeal three years
ago, were clueless about it at the mid term elections, and are still
clueless about it now.

Bravo, Mr. Early!

-- Stinger