Old April 15th 04, 07:52 PM
Corbin Ray

Default Degen DE1103 now available

I ordered a Degen DE1103 today from Liypn. He has 9 left. Price is $54.90 +
$20 shipping. Sure, it might be cheaper someday somewhere else, but I want
one now (my birthday is next week).

The link to his store is:
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS

Old April 16th 04, 04:14 PM
Newsgroup Lurker

A few people on the 1102 yahoo group stated that they had written DEGEN and
they said it was due for release on 4-15-04. Should be right about the time
the overseas sellers are selling them on ebay.

Interested but just want a review 1st.

From: "Corbin Ray"
Date: 15/04/04 19:52 GMT Daylight Time
I ordered a Degen DE1103 today from Liypn. He has 9 left. Price is $54.90

+
$20 shipping. Sure, it might be cheaper someday somewhere else, but I

want
one now (my birthday is next week).

The link to his store is:
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS

I don't think you'll see it for at least a month.

Old April 17th 04, 06:36 PM
radiok3pi

It is on sale now but Degen have an atrocious reputation for rolling out new
products slow.

Frankly, I am often encouraged when I see a company delay a roll out.
Here's what happens...to create marketing excitement, the sales arm of
a company (the people who usually run them) forces
manufacturing/engineering into an unrealistic roll out date for new
products...with absolutely no idea (and I mean zero) of what it will
take to pull it off.

As the unrealistic date (to begin with) approaches, the decision then
is to either roll out the bug-ridden unreliable
still-under-development "prototype products" in order to hit the
artificial promised date or delay so that the ultimate product that
hits the street is quality stuff.

A product delay probably means that someone in the organization has
finally come to their senses.

Old April 18th 04, 12:19 AM
starman

mike0219116 wrote:

I just got this email from Liypn:

The DEGEN DE-1103 radio is newly released in China on April 15, 2004.
There is a very large demand of this radio in China. We have ordered
a carton box of a dozen radios directly from DEGEN in early April, but
shipment of the radios to us was delayed due to the huge demand. We
regret to inform you that shipment of this radio will be sent to you
on or around April 22, 2003. We will write to you again when your
radio is shipped.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What will the price be (dollars) in China?

Degen DE1103 Gleason Sackmann Shortwave 1 April 14th 04 09:17 PM
Degen DE1103 Availability Corbin Ray Shortwave 1 April 12th 04 10:21 PM
Degen 1102 arrived today!!!!! Corbin Ray Shortwave 47 March 2nd 04 08:40 AM
Degen DE1103 Corbin Ray Shortwave 2 February 29th 04 03:05 PM
() Degen shortwave radios from China Daniel Rosenzweig Shortwave 7 August 5th 03 10:51 AM