Old April 22nd 04, 10:45 AM
N8KDV

Default Early Morning Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia (Diego Tower) noted with weak signals at 0940 on 13254 USB.

Using the R8 and 70' N-S wire.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 22nd 04, 11:34 AM
Jim Douglas

OK, you are on this quite a bit. I am late, again. I am going to review my
antenna this weekend and see if I can't get it up higher.

I certainly appreciate the reports you give as I am tracking when other's
find stations so that I can use that data, time, etc to find them.

Old April 22nd 04, 11:40 AM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

OK, you are on this quite a bit. I am late, again. I am going to review my
antenna this weekend and see if I can't get it up higher.

I certainly appreciate the reports you give as I am tracking when other's
find stations so that I can use that data, time, etc to find them.

The antenna here is only 9' above the ground.

Old April 22nd 04, 05:54 PM
Mark Zenier

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message news:3dNhc.2087$YP5.262430@attbi_s02...
OK, you are on this quite a bit. I am late, again. I am going to review my
antenna this weekend and see if I can't get it up higher.

I certainly appreciate the reports you give as I am tracking when other's
find stations so that I can use that data, time, etc to find them.

I used to use an old DOS (or Windows) program called Geoclock that
displayed a world map with the sun and the sunrise/sunset line on
it, which is useful for guessing what times stuff would be coming
in.

Anyone know of a good X/Linux equivalent? I've got the KDE world clock
toy, but it only displays the current time and won't display arbitrary
time like Geoclock could.

Mark Zenier
Old April 22nd 04, 09:11 PM
TLF

Mark Zenier ) escribió el Jueves, 22 de Abril de 2004
18:54 en el grupo rec.radio.shortwave en el mensaje
las siguientes cosas:

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message

I used to use an old DOS (or Windows) program called Geoclock that
displayed a world map with the sun and the sunrise/sunset line on
it, which is useful for guessing what times stuff would be coming
in.

Anyone know of a good X/Linux equivalent? I've got the KDE world clock
toy, but it only displays the current time and won't display arbitrary
time like Geoclock could.

I do not Know about that program was, but i found some. The catch is you
need to know the latitude and longitude of that location.
If do you like it, reply to this post.
Thanks

--

"Nunca hay que olvidar que el pasado es la base para comprender nuesto
presente y nuestro futuro."

Old April 22nd 04, 10:35 PM
m II

Mark Zenier wrote:
"Jim Douglas" wrote in message news:3dNhc.2087$YP5.262430@attbi_s02...

OK, you are on this quite a bit. I am late, again. I am going to review my
antenna this weekend and see if I can't get it up higher.

I certainly appreciate the reports you give as I am tracking when other's
find stations so that I can use that data, time, etc to find them.

I used to use an old DOS (or Windows) program called Geoclock that
displayed a world map with the sun and the sunrise/sunset line on
it, which is useful for guessing what times stuff would be coming
in.

Anyone know of a good X/Linux equivalent? I've got the KDE world clock
toy, but it only displays the current time and won't display arbitrary
time like Geoclock could.

Mark Zenier

NOt quite what you wanted, but close

http://www.worldtime.com/cgi-bin/wt.cgi
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncg...mg=learth.evif
http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/greyline.html

Perhaps a sun/moon/satellite tracking program may be adapted?
http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/predict.html

This version has a graphical map, but looks like it may be a pain to set
up. I haven't tried it.
http://voyager.mcc.ac.uk/Predict/

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~tuna/xearth/index.html

Old April 22nd 04, 11:01 PM
Larry Ozarow

How about xearth? Gives you a choice of projections, can make it
your root window or run in its own window.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~tuna/xearth/

Also SWLTool has a simple globe representation of the world
with day/night shading.

Oz

Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 4 April 22nd 04 11:59 PM
Diego Tower-Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 2 April 16th 04 02:43 AM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 1 January 14th 04 06:54 PM
Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 10 December 22nd 03 05:37 AM
13254 Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 0 October 25th 03 01:39 PM