Old April 23rd 04, 02:39 AM
C.A. Decker

Default Need audio freq. generator program

Hello all:

Can anyone recommend a (preferably "free") downloadable audio sinewave
generator program? I don't need anything fancy. Running Windoze XP here.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old April 23rd 04, 03:13 AM
Tom Holden

C.A. Decker wrote:
Hello all:

Can anyone recommend a (preferably "free") downloadable
audio sinewave generator program? I don't need anything
fancy. Running Windoze XP here. Thanks in advance for
any and all help.

http://look.tucows.com/miscaudio95_default.html for a selection of tone
gennies.

I use NCH Tone Generator - http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html among
others.

Tom

Old April 23rd 04, 04:17 AM
Tom Holden

Pete KE9OA wrote:
Cool program.............I just downloaded it.

Pete

I just found another, even cooler one! TrueRTA at
http://www.trueaudio.com/rta_abt1.htm . Intended for acoustic system
measurements with a teaser FREE basic software that is limited for that
application, nevertheless TrueRTA Level 1 not only includes a sine wave and
pink noise generator but also an audio frequency dual trace oscilloscope and
a low-resolution real time audio spectrum analyzer. The spectrum analyser is
showing me that I have a fair bit of hum being generated or picked up on the
sound card, even when my receiver and mixer are turned off. While I have
better ham radio related spectrum analyser software, this is the first I
found with an integrated generator. I would say the quality of the software
and user interface is good.

Cheers!

Tom

Old April 23rd 04, 04:46 AM
Tom Holden

Here's a free generator that provides swept frequency and white noise in
addition to fixed frequency. Works great on my Win98 450MHz Celeron. Needs
Delphi 5 runtime library available from same site:
http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyond...are/audio.html . Really
impressive!

Tom