Old May 6th 04, 09:42 PM
uncle arnie

Default OT when you post off topic

When you post off topic, please start your post with "OT" or "(OT)". That
way those who are really interested in radio can filter these out not to
display. Thanks.
--
-UA
Old May 6th 04, 09:53 PM
Tracy Fort

On Thu, 06 May 2004 14:42:21 -0600, uncle arnie
wrote:

When you post off topic, please start your post with "OT" or "(OT)". That
way those who are really interested in radio can filter these out not to
display. Thanks.

Uhhhhh....no!

Tracy

Old May 6th 04, 11:55 PM
Diverd4777

When you post off topic, please start your post with "OT" or "(OT)". That
way those who are really interested in radio can filter these out not to
display. Thanks.
--
-UA

Yeah,
Please mark it ( OT )
Whenever you start ranting Insanely at each other

Old May 7th 04, 03:58 AM
Mediaguy500

When you post off topic, please start your post with "OT" or "(OT)". That
way those who are really interested in radio can filter these out not to
display. Thanks.
--

then what about when I post AM broadcast band dx?

That's still about radio listening, but not about shortwave.

I guess I would call that "sort of off topic and sort of on-topic".

I will post my shortwave moniotored stations, but have decided to include the
AM broadcast band in my listings also.

I will, of course, post other non-shortwave frequencies that are
scanner-related in the scanner newsgroups, but I'm not aware of any newsgroup
for AM broadcast band dx'ing.

so in my opinion, the shortwave newsgroup is the closest thing to it.

And the two bands do run into each other and now even overlap because of the
extended to 1710 khz am broadcast band.

When I was into shortwave dx'ing years ago, the frequencies from 1610 khz to
1710 khz were considered "shortwave frequencies"

while 535 khz to 1610 khz was considered "medium frequencies" or "the am
broadcast band"

And yes, I'm aware that technically, shortwave" doesn't start until 3 MHZ.

However, since 1610 khz was the end of the standard am broadcast band, all of
the shortwave recievers that I saw at the time (that included the band)
considered "1610 khz through 30 mhz as "shortwave".

And if you wanted to tune to 1700 khz, you had to turn the band selector from
"AM" to "shortwave" to listen to it.

plus not posting the frequencies between 1610 khz and 3 mhz, since they're not
really "shortwave" leaves out a lot of stations that a lot of people consider
as "shortwave" because of the types of transmissions on those frequencies.

and to complicate the matter even further, years ago, ytou might have heard
something like "Radio Nederlands" between 1610 khz and 1710 khz" or some sort
of station of that type, and now today, you might hear just what is considered
stations in the regular AM broadcast band on those frequencies, Georgia,
Tennesee, etcetera.

Old May 7th 04, 04:04 AM
N8KDV

Mediaguy500 wrote:

[...]

Don't worry at all about posting anything here related to radio.

Ignore those of us who are actively involved in cleaning this place up. (Troll,
Rotten Professor, and General Miscreant Removal Process)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm