Old May 8th 04, 04:23 PM
Jay

Default VOA Gone?

I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
Now I can't find them at all.

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

Jay

Old May 8th 04, 04:28 PM
N8KDV

Jay wrote:

I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
Now I can't find them at all.

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

The complete VOA sked is available he

http://www.voa.gov/index.cfm?section...%20Frequencies

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old May 8th 04, 04:53 PM
Jay

Yes,

That's the first thing I checked, and I found the listing for Caribbean and
Central America is gone (I have on old printout). I haven't had a chance to
try daytime yet but there seem to be no nighttime signals in their current
list which I can hear here.

Any more details on VOA?

Jay

Old May 8th 04, 04:56 PM
N8KDV

Jay wrote:

Yes,

That's the first thing I checked, and I found the listing for Caribbean and
Central America is gone (I have on old printout). I haven't had a chance to
try daytime yet but there seem to be no nighttime signals in their current
list which I can hear here.

Any more details on VOA?

What more do you want? That's the damn schedule.

Sheeesh.... You want me to write reception reports for ya too?

Old May 8th 04, 05:07 PM
JOE

Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on

any
signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
reasonable questions for this forum.

Silly you - you clearly haven't noticed this group is about most everything
BUT
shortwave radio anymore. It's all about flame wars between 2 or 3 nutjobs
who think this is their private playground, and about political rantings -
surely
you've noticed that MOST of the posts have some stupid subject line that has
NOTHING to do with radio.

I thought you questions were fine - I'm curious myself if that in 10 years
there
will even be SW radio and Ham radio left as we know it - or will digital
modes
completely eliminate all of it?

JOE

Old May 8th 04, 05:23 PM
N8KDV

Jay wrote:

Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
reasonable questions for this forum.

No anger at all... I gave you the site for the schedule... what more do you
want?

The VOA is audible most anytime here.

Turn your radio on.

Old May 8th 04, 05:31 PM
N8KDV

JOE wrote:

[...]

I gave him the schedule, retard... what more could he want other than someone to
hold his hand and help him turn his radio on?

Crap, if ya can't hear the VOA you better find another hobby.

Old May 8th 04, 06:11 PM
Buster

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Jay wrote:

Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone

could
tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on

any
signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
reasonable questions for this forum.

No anger at all... I gave you the site for the schedule... what more do

you
want?

The VOA is audible most anytime here.

Turn your radio on.