RadioBanter

-   -   It's baaaack! 10.512USB (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42677-re-its-baaaack-10-512usb.html)

Dave Holford May 19th 04 02:58 PM

Diverd4777 wrote:

I think it's The Mother Ship...

I'm surprised no one has linked it with the Mexican UFOs!

Dave

Brian Hill May 22nd 04 08:05 PM

"starman" wrote in message
Dan wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:58:47 -0400, Dave Holford
wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

Dan

I was the first to report a very similar signal to GH about 20-years
ago. Back then we thought it might be a new kind of OTH radar. The
signal I'm hearing now (5/19 0130-UTC) changes tones faster than the old
one from the 80's but it's the same principle. I think it's an
ionospheric test signal.

I almost positive I heard this before too. It probably was 20 yrs ago.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

David May 22nd 04 08:42 PM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 14:05:28 -0500, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

i just did a 3min mp3 of the strange sound, to me it sounds like
a wire that has been pulled tight and the wind blows over it.

David SWL-DAVID NZ

David May 22nd 04 09:37 PM

just a note all so sounds like VLF audio

GrtPmpkin32 May 22nd 04 10:46 PM

i just did a 3min mp3 of the strange sound, to me it sounds like
a wire that has been pulled tight and the wind blows over it.

Yeah, it almost sounds like one of those, what are they called, moosecall
thing? It's a little box or tube with a tight wire or rubber band rigged to it,
and when the wind blows over it, it gives a sound that, now that I consider it,
DOES sound a bit like this signal on 10.512. I just can't recall what they were
called, but they are supposed to scare moose away from electric fences and
other places you didn't want a moose loitering.
Moose loitering may be illegal, actually.
Linus

Jeff Seale May 23rd 04 12:16 AM

GrtPmpkin32 wrote:

i just did a 3min mp3 of the strange sound, to me it sounds like
a wire that has been pulled tight and the wind blows over it.

Yeah, it almost sounds like one of those, what are they called, moosecall
thing? It's a little box or tube with a tight wire or rubber band rigged to it,
and when the wind blows over it, it gives a sound that, now that I consider it,
DOES sound a bit like this signal on 10.512. I just can't recall what they were
called, but they are supposed to scare moose away from electric fences and
other places you didn't want a moose loitering.
Moose loitering may be illegal, actually.
Linus

Well, the 'technical' term for this kind of signal is 'backwards music'.
That's because if you were to play it back in reverse and really fast,
it would purportedly produce music of some kind. Frankly I tried this
using Audacity on my PC and came up with crap. ENIGMA calls this kind of
signal XBM.

Jeff Seale
Satellit 800, YB550PE, DX440, BC780, Pro95
Louisville, KY

David May 23rd 04 02:59 AM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 23:16:49 GMT, Jeff Seale
wrote:

made a anther copy 2.9megs and reversed it
but sounds just the same as forward. I think
it coed be digit signal, i can send the wave file
to any one who wants it mp3 2.9meg size.

David

Beloved Leader May 23rd 04 04:52 AM

(GrtPmpkin32) wrote in message ...

Moose loitering may be illegal, actually.

Wait 'til the MCLU hears about this.

On-topic: I've got it on now, 2337 EDST, or 0337Z (unless I bungled
the time change), DX-392, built-in whip at my secret listening bunker
a few miles south of the Pentagon. Wow, is that weird.

You don't suppose this is a pirate station being run by the cicadas,
do you? It sounds like something they would enjoy.

They were going full tilt today. For those not lucky enough - and I
mean that, as I find them quite wonderful - to experience them, the
cicadas put out a loud whistle reminiscent of the sound made by the
flying saucers in Ray Harryhausen's "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers."

http://www.cicadamania.com

http://www.dancentury.com/postal/cic...ages/three.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049169/

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue41/classic.html

Jackie and/or Daniel May 23rd 04 05:01 AM

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
om...
(GrtPmpkin32) wrote in message

Moose loitering may be illegal, actually.

A moose once bit my sister... moose bites kan be pretty nasty, mind you.

[Major silly cultural reference points if you picked up THAT little movie
reference. Sorry, but my USA keyboard doesn't do umlauts or vowels with
lines through them.)

I didn't hear much coming through on10.512 SSB tonight, which is odd,
because I have definitely heard that strange noise booming in here in SE MN
on my little KA1102 ever since the reports started getting posted here.
Tonight, I was hearing lots more on the "upper" SW bands, but for some
reason, 10.512 USB wasn't coming in too well here this evening.

Jackie

starman May 23rd 04 06:47 AM

Jeff Seale wrote:

Well, the 'technical' term for this kind of signal is 'backwards music'.
That's because if you were to play it back in reverse and really fast,
it would purportedly produce music of some kind. Frankly I tried this
using Audacity on my PC and came up with crap.

I thought it said "Paul is dead".