RadioBanter

-   -   It's baaaack! 10.512USB (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42677-re-its-baaaack-10-512usb.html)

Jeff Seale May 23rd 04 04:05 PM

starman wrote:
Jeff Seale wrote:

Well, the 'technical' term for this kind of signal is 'backwards music'.
That's because if you were to play it back in reverse and really fast,
it would purportedly produce music of some kind. Frankly I tried this
using Audacity on my PC and came up with crap.

I thought it said "Paul is dead".

Who in the hell is Paul? Anyway, I came up on another mysterious signal
to deal with. It's not as strong as the 'backwards music' on 10.512 MHz
(here in Louisville, KY anyway). It's apparently the so-called 'squeaky
wheel' on 10.580 MHz.

According to http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/brogers/page21.html, this may
be a teletype signal of some kind coming from Russia and usually appears
in the upper chunk of the 3 MHz band (around 3.5-3.9 MHz).

Jeff Seale
Satellit 800, YB550PE, DX440, BC780, Pro95
Louisville, KY

Beloved Leader May 23rd 04 06:01 PM

"Jackie and/or Daniel" wrote in message news:LmVrc.98345$xw3.5818354@attbi_s04...

A moose once bit my sister... moose bites kan be pretty nasty, mind you.

[Major silly cultural reference points if you picked up THAT little movie
reference.]

I didn't, but Google did.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+Searc h

GrtPmpkin32 May 23rd 04 07:17 PM

I thought it said "Paul is dead".

Who in the hell is Paul?

You must be under 40 :-)

Linus

starman May 25th 04 08:14 AM

GrtPmpkin32 wrote:

I thought it said "Paul is dead".

Who in the hell is Paul?

You must be under 40 :-)

Linus

I'd guess he's under 30 and definately not a student of rock music
history.