Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21st 04, 12:35 AM
Brian

Default powerline interference

I read that powerline interference will often times diminish when it rains.
This is presumably due to loose hardware becoming temporarily tightened when
moisture causes the utility pole to swell. Well, in my case the noise
substantially worsens and becomes more broadband during periods of rain. Can
anyone explain a possible reason for this? The RFI guy from the local
utility company seems confident that work scheduled for next week in my
neighborhood will correct the problem. I certainly hope this is the case.
Maybe then I can finally hear some dx. Wish me luck.

Brian