Old May 23rd 04, 10:14 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Greg" wrote:
| Great story - the moral, I guess, is "If you want to make friends you have
| to break a little wind". Lucky for this NG you can't do that over the
| Internet!
|
| Greg

I am willing to bet that is the primary reason "smell - o - vision"
never made it big, as technologies go.

One of these days, I'll regale the group with a campfire story
about the time a couple of friends and I went on a DXpedition.
The Bill of Fare consisted of eggs, Bush's Baked Beans, sausages
with sauerkraut, peppers, and onions, roasted corn, and cases of beer.

We decided to do our listening in the great outdoors. The tent
was too doggoned, ummm......stuffy.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old May 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
Brian Hill

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Brian Hill" wrote:
| Damn it Steve! I new you hated hamsters! LOL! Now were did that hamster
go?
| Here! hamster hamster!

Damn, time to head to the Bunker of Doom.

Okay, it isn't a bunker, it's a den.

Well, all right, damn it, it's a walk - in closet.

I *think* I can hamster proof it. I hope I have
enough room for my MREs *AND* hamster
proofing equipment.

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

LOL! Ok Enough is Enough. I need to curb my sick sence of humor.Certain
people will probly read this and take it all serious and whip out their Phd.

Old May 23rd 04, 10:34 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Brian Hill" wrote:
| LOL! Ok Enough is Enough. I need to curb my sick sence of humor.Certain
| people will probly read this and take it all serious and whip out their
Phd.

Why is it that educated folks claim to have open minds...but don't, in a
real sense?
And how is it that their collective sense of humor is sucked out of them?

As the song says, "My lack of education hasn't hurt me none."

73,

Old May 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Paul_Morphy

"Zaphon B." wrote in message
.. .

I guess that's why she's working on being my ex-old lady.

She has +got+ to be from New England.

"PM"

Old May 23rd 04, 11:11 PM
Brian Hill

"Brian Hill" wrote:
| LOL! Ok Enough is Enough. I need to curb my sick sence of humor.Certain
| people will probly read this and take it all serious and whip out their
Phd.

Why is it that educated folks claim to have open minds...but don't, in a
real sense?
And how is it that their collective sense of humor is sucked out of them?

As the song says, "My lack of education hasn't hurt me none."

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

You got me Steve? The air must be thin on top of those high horses? Some of
the weirdest **** I've ever heard came from the mouths of professors. They
didn't like it when I laughed. They were damn serious. lol!

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Old May 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Greg

From: "Stephen M.H. Lawrence"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:14:24 GMT
Subject: Rednecks

"Greg" wrote:
| Great story - the moral, I guess, is "If you want to make friends you have
| to break a little wind". Lucky for this NG you can't do that over the
| Internet!
|
| Greg

I am willing to bet that is the primary reason "smell - o - vision"
never made it big, as technologies go.

One of these days, I'll regale the group with a campfire story
about the time a couple of friends and I went on a DXpedition.
The Bill of Fare consisted of eggs, Bush's Baked Beans, sausages
with sauerkraut, peppers, and onions, roasted corn, and cases of beer.

We decided to do our listening in the great outdoors. The tent
was too doggoned, ummm......stuffy.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Blazing Saddles!

Old May 24th 04, 02:56 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

From: "Stephen M.H. Lawrence"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:14:24 GMT

"Greg" wrote:
| Great story - the moral, I guess, is "If you want to make friends you

have
| to break a little wind". Lucky for this NG you can't do that over the
| Internet!
|
| Greg

I am willing to bet that is the primary reason "smell - o - vision"
never made it big, as technologies go.

One of these days, I'll regale the group with a campfire story
about the time a couple of friends and I went on a DXpedition.
The Bill of Fare consisted of eggs, Bush's Baked Beans, sausages
with sauerkraut, peppers, and onions, roasted corn, and cases of beer.

We decided to do our listening in the great outdoors. The tent
was too doggoned, ummm......stuffy.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Blazing Saddles!

Mongo LIKE beans!!!

Old May 24th 04, 04:27 AM
Jackie and/or Daniel

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Funny story from my days in Milwaukee: I was getting
lunch at the Grand Avenue Mall, and in steps a very
well - dressed lady and two guys who obviously worked
with her. The most oily, rauncy, smelly, raucously - loud
fart jumped out of me. I turned around, looked surprised,
and fixed my gaze on the lady, and said, "Jesus Christ,
lady!" She got out of the elevator on the second floor,
the guys stayed in, the door closed, and the guys laughed
to the point of tears. One of 'em said, "I've wanted to do
that since I started working for that woman!" I replied,
"Damn, that's going to itch when it dries." They laughed
their butts off, and we parted friends.

ROTFL!! That is just awesome!! That's the kinda stuff that keeps the world a
saner place...

Jackie

Old May 24th 04, 07:30 AM
Zaphon B.

"Sakuradamon" wrote:
| the redneck south has a chip on their inbred shoulder
|
| they hate us northerners and californians

Hmmmm...I thought *everyone* hates Californians!

Nah I like the goofs, we need all kinds here in America, I just wish they
would stay the **** out of my way when I'm trying to get some work done.

Zaphod