Old May 28th 04, 07:55 PM
George No Show

On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:26:14 -0500, "Brian Running" wrote:

From a social point of view, shortwave radio is a way to find out what

the
rest of the world thinks is important. Many countries broadcast to the
world
in English, making it easy to find out what a given country's position is

on
those things it finds important. Shortwave radio can also provide a way

eavesdrop on the everyday workings of international politics and

commerce.

So then what you are saying is that since international politics and

commerce are discussed on shortwave radio then they are acceptable also to
be
discussed here.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm glad that you finally worked this out

in your head.

Listen, "George", I can assure you that the vast majority of us don't come
to this group to view the latest public displays of the delusions of all the
head cases that dominate this NG. Your opinions mean nothing. Politics are
never "discussed" here, bizarre psychological aberrations are revealed here.
Between the wacko posts of the type you prefer, and the constant
name-calling wars of those two other nut jobs, it's awful damned hard to
find any info at all about shortwave listening here.

I get it Brian, you're the only sane one here huh?
I see your problem and I can help. rec.radio.shortwave is just a general shortwave group.
Everything you want to know about shortwave listening can be found at rec.radio.shortwave.listening.
I think it will be more enjoyable for you.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. g
Old May 28th 04, 09:01 PM
Brian Running

I get it Brian, you're the only sane one here huh?

Of the people that post here, rather than just lurk looking for info, most
of them lately don't seem to have both oars in the water. I'm sure this
newsgroup is just like any other, with a majority lurking and a minority
actually posting. I'm equally sure that the majority is more sane than the
minority.

I see your problem and I can help. rec.radio.shortwave is just a general

shortwave group.
Everything you want to know about shortwave listening can be found at

rec.radio.shortwave.listening.
I think it will be more enjoyable for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've got two points of just plain ol' common
sense: Seems that the discussion of the content of shortwave broadcasts
would be better suited for the ".listening" group. And it seems to me that
it would make a hell of a lot more sense to take the "political" stuff to
political newsgroups, hey, George?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. g

I'll keep filtering through the psychobabble, there's occasionally some very
interesting shortwave-related material here. Unfortunately, a large
percentage of the high-volume posters here have a delusion that their
personal political views matter to someone other than themselves. It's
astonishing that people will behave in public the way that they do.

Old May 29th 04, 09:47 PM
Raqueeb Hassan

Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly [OT]
talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as before these
days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio Star".

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)
Old May 30th 04, 12:32 AM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:47 pm -0600 UTC, Raqueeb Hassan
posted: %MM

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)

What are you hearing in the Congo?
--
-UA
Old May 30th 04, 01:34 AM
Frank Dresser

"Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
om...
Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly [OT]
talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as before these
days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio Star".

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)

It's mostly the same people who keep the off topic flame threads going. I
suppose argueing and insulting people are hobbys, just as shortwave
listening is.

This group is much more interesting if you put about 10 flame war hobbyists
in your kill-file.

Frank Dresser

Old May 30th 04, 06:38 AM
starman

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
om...
Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly [OT]
talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as before these
days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio Star".

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)

It's mostly the same people who keep the off topic flame threads going. I
suppose argueing and insulting people are hobbys, just as shortwave
listening is.

This group is much more interesting if you put about 10 flame war hobbyists
in your kill-file.

Frank Dresser

This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-(

Old May 30th 04, 06:46 AM
dxAce

starman wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
om...
Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly [OT]
talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as before these
days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio Star".

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)

It's mostly the same people who keep the off topic flame threads going. I
suppose argueing and insulting people are hobbys, just as shortwave
listening is.

This group is much more interesting if you put about 10 flame war hobbyists
in your kill-file.

Frank Dresser

This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-(

This group is evidence of nothing. The only thing that is dying, perhaps, is your
interest in the hobby.

That's OK, but don't try to blame it on what goes on here.

Some folks look for excuses, are you one of them?

Old May 30th 04, 07:06 AM
starman

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

[...]

I never stated that shortwave is dying, only that this group may be an
accurate barometer of the hobby. You're either feeling guilty (not
likely) or it's Saturday night again.

Old May 30th 04, 07:12 AM
dxAce

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

You never said that. Here is what you said:

"This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-("

Get back to me when you get a grip, 'tard. You didn't mention barometer, or accuracy
either.

Old May 30th 04, 07:22 AM
dxAce

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

[...]

And by the way, for those of us 'in the know', it's already Sunday!