Old May 30th 04, 07:32 AM
starman

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
om...
Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly [OT]
talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as before these
days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio Star".

raqueeb hassan
congo (drc)

It's mostly the same people who keep the off topic flame threads going. I
suppose argueing and insulting people are hobbys, just as shortwave
listening is.

This group is much more interesting if you put about 10 flame war hobbyists
in your kill-file.

Frank Dresser

This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-(

This group is evidence of nothing. The only thing that is dying, perhaps, is your
interest in the hobby.

That's OK, but don't try to blame it on what goes on here.

Some folks look for excuses, are you one of them?

I never stated that shortwave is dying, only that this group may be an
accurate barometer of the hobby. You're either feeling guilty (not
likely) or it's Saturday night again.

You never said that. Here is what you said:

"This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-("

Get back to me when you get a grip, 'tard. You didn't mention barometer, or accuracy
either.

I won't play the literal quote game with you. You know very well what
sentiment my original commment was intended to convey. It's interesting
that you are the only one that seems to have taken it personally, like
you think it was directed at you. I wonder why?

Old May 30th 04, 07:39 AM
dxAce

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

[...]

No game to play. But that's perhaps what you are about?

You know very well what
sentiment my original commment was intended to convey. It's interesting
that you are the only one that seems to have taken it personally, like
you think it was directed at you. I wonder why?

No, not at all. I simply related back to you what you posted originally. I think it was you
who took it personally.

You then twisted what you had originally stated.

Simple fact.

Old May 31st 04, 12:52 AM
Telamon

In article , starman
wrote:

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Raqueeb Hassan" wrote in message
om...
Hmm.

well, I don't know what has gone wrong with this group? Mostly
[OT] talkabouts. Maybe, people don't listen to shortwave as
before these days. Can't complain, when "Video Killed The Radio
Star".

raqueeb hassan congo (drc)

It's mostly the same people who keep the off topic flame threads
going. I suppose argueing and insulting people are hobbys, just as
shortwave listening is.

This group is much more interesting if you put about 10 flame war
hobbyists in your kill-file.

Frank Dresser

This group may be the best evidence that shortwave is dying. :-(

No just that schools out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 31st 04, 08:38 PM
Raqueeb Hassan

Hello Arnie,

Thanks for asking. I mostly listen RNW, DW, RFI and Radio Congo.

Raqueeb Hassan
drc