Old May 28th 04, 08:17 PM
chaz

Default satellite radio recommendation

I am interested in getting a satellite radio. Does anyone know of a model
that can go from the car to the house in a single unit? Seems like i saw one
on tv once.

chaz

Old May 29th 04, 03:18 AM
David

XM has the "roady" that has a car and home kit included.
You take the tuner, hardly bigger than a wallet, and can use it in the car
or home.

Old May 29th 04, 05:05 AM
Brian Denley

David wrote:
XM has the "roady" that has a car and home kit included.
You take the tuner, hardly bigger than a wallet, and can use it in
the car or home.

Henry Kolesnik wrote in message ...
I think Ultimate Electronics had an ad for one for this weekedn by
Kenwood. "chaz" wrote in message
I am interested in getting a satellite radio. Does anyone know of a
model that can go from the car to the house in a single unit? Seems
like i saw one on tv once.

chaz

I have the Delphi XM SkyFi and it works in my car, in a boombox and through
my stereo. It just snaps in and out.

--
Brian Denley

Old June 4th 04, 02:27 PM
a0868738

"chaz" writes:

I am interested in getting a satellite radio. Does anyone know of a model
that can go from the car to the house in a single unit? Seems like i saw one
on tv once.

chaz

Hey Chaz,

I just ponied up for Sirius and an Audiovox SIRPNP2. Circuit City has
a special where you get the Receiver and a car adapter system for $150
and they throw in a home setup for free. You get all chords, home
cradle, car cradle w/builtin FM modulator, home and car antenna etc.
I can't say if it is the best equipment out there but for the price I
am very pleased. I never thought I would go for Sat radio but I am so
tired of the non-stop commercials I gave it a go. I had hoped the
talk channels would also be commercial free but they aren't. However
compared to regular radio they are a pleasure. Discovery Radio! How
cool is *that*?!

Cheers!
-Al