Old May 30th 04, 02:25 PM
Jeff Seale

Default 10.916 USB

I heard some strange RTTY traffic on this frequency last night. It
didn't sound anything like the usual which has a 1.6 kHz base tone. I
couldn't figure out the base tone frequency for this one, but its shift
was half of what the normal is.

I wasn't able to make anything of the output on this one either. I tried
all the shift settings and character sets and got junk. What the heck
could this be

Jeff Seale
Satellit 800, YB550PE, DX440, BC780, Pro95
Louisville, KY
Old May 30th 04, 02:39 PM
dxAce

Jeff Seale wrote:

I heard some strange RTTY traffic on this frequency last night. It
didn't sound anything like the usual which has a 1.6 kHz base tone. I
couldn't figure out the base tone frequency for this one, but its shift
was half of what the normal is.

I wasn't able to make anything of the output on this one either. I tried
all the shift settings and character sets and got junk. What the heck
could this be

That frequency has been used in the past by the French Navy in Senegal,
using TDM (Time Division Multiplex) RTTY.

You might want to get over to:

http://www.wunclub.com/

and sign up for their mailing list and get some more info there.

Steve
Holand, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old May 30th 04, 04:34 PM
Jeff Seale

I looked this frequency up in the logs there and got nada. Am I the
first person to pick this up or something (yeah, right)? BTW, it seemed
to be a pretty strong signal at about 03:15 UTC.

Old May 30th 04, 04:39 PM
dxAce

Jeff Seale wrote:

I looked this frequency up in the logs there and got nada. Am I the
first person to pick this up or something (yeah, right)? BTW, it seemed
to be a pretty strong signal at about 03:15 UTC.

Well, as I suggested previously you might want to get on the mailing list.
Then you can be in touch with some very knowledgeable individuals who will
probably be able to give you a lot more information regarding that signal,
and many others of a digital nature.