Old June 12th 04, 12:25 PM
RHF

Default Eton ELITE "Series" Radio - News

Eton ELITE "Series" Radio - News

At this time these is NO "Official" [News]
from the Eton Corp about these radios.

The Latest word is that the Eton E1-XM Radio is now being
"RUMORED" to be 'available' OCT-NOV-DEC 2004 ? ? ? ? ? ?
From the Universal Radio website:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0101.html
"This new model is expected in the last quarter of 2004.
We will post the price as soon as available."

Here is a LINK to the "Eton E1 XM Radio" eGroup on YAHOO !
{ Formerly the Grundig Satellit 900 Radio }
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-Satellit-900/

NOTE: The ETON Corp. has "Dropped the Information" about
the 'proposed' new Eton E10 and Eton E100 Radios from
their "Grundig Radio" website:
ETON= http://www.grundigradio.com/

* The Eton Elite 10 was a "Copy" of the Tecsun PL-550 Radio.
Here is a LINK to the "Tecsun PL-550" eGroup on YAHOO !
- RadioIntel Photo "Review" of the Tecsun PL-550:
http://www.radiointel.com/review-tecsunpl550.htm
- Passport to World Band Radio - Receiver and Antenna News:
Tecsun's PL-550: Preview of tomorrow's Eton E10
http://www.passband.com/pages/receivernews.htm
- eBay Auctions for Tecsun PL-550 with Detailed Information:

* The Eton Elite 100 was a "Copy" of the Tecsun PL-200 Radio.
Here is a LINK to the "Tecsun PL-200" eGroup on YAHOO !
- RadioIntel Photo "Review" of the Tecsun PL-200:
http://www.radiointel.com/review-tecsunpl200.htm
- eHAM "Review" of the Tecsun PL-200:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3691
- eBay Auctions for Tecsun PL-200 with Detailed Information:

yilgr ~ RHF

..
Old June 12th 04, 01:47 PM
Sanjaya

"RHF" wrote...
Eton ELITE "Series" Radio - News

[multi-snipping throughout]

The Latest word is that the Eton E1-XM Radio is now being
"RUMORED" to be 'available' OCT-NOV-DEC 2004 ? ? ? ? ? ?

NOTE: The ETON Corp. has "Dropped the Information" about
the 'proposed' new Eton E10 and Eton E100 Radios from
their "Grundig Radio" website:

* The Eton Elite 10 was a "Copy" of the Tecsun PL-550 Radio.

* The Eton Elite 100 was a "Copy" of the Tecsun PL-200 Radio.

Any speculation on why this is happening and what it means?

Old June 14th 04, 01:50 PM
RHF

SANJAYA,

"Any speculation on why this is happening and what it means?"

speculation, Speculation. SPECULATION !

I suspect that until ETON Corp has released their Eton E1 XM Radio
and 'established' their "Eton: Brand Name in the US Market.
That any other radios will not be released using that Brand Name.

The Eton Elite 10 and Eton Elite 100 would be in the same Target
Price and Feature Ranges as some of the current Grundig Brand Name
Radios. At some point ETON Corp. has to choose which Brand Name
they are going to Promote and Market in the USofA Market.

I would look for heavy "Promotion" of the Eton E1 XM Radio for
at least 6 months to a year. Then you will start seeing ADS of
the Eton E1 XM Radio Featured on top with the other newer "Eton
Elite " Brand Name Radios pictured below it. Building sales of
the newer and smaller Eton Elite Radios off of the Eton E1 XM
Radio.

There is also the possibility that ETON Corp. may Sell it's
North American GRUNDIG Brand Name "Marketing Rights" back to
Grundig AG {Germany}'s new joint owners.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Sanjaya" wrote in message
= = = ink.net...
"RHF" wrote...

Old June 14th 04, 03:21 PM
Sanjaya

"RHF" wrote...
SANJAYA,

[...]

Thanks R.

One more question please.

What is the point of making the E1 with only one speaker... which means
monaural XM from a single speaker. Is there a speaker out jack to make it stereo?
I haven't seen that mentioned.

If it was SW only I'd consider it, if it was SW and XM stereo capable through
speakers, I'd consider it. As it is (unless I'm wrong and it can have speaker stereo sound)
I wouldn't want to buy it.

P.S. Thanks for always taking time to answer questions here and in the Yahoo
groups. Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Old June 14th 04, 08:40 PM
Gary

"Sanjaya" wrote in message .net...
One more question please.

What is the point of making the E1 with only one speaker... which means
monaural XM from a single speaker. Is there a speaker out jack to make it stereo?
I haven't seen that mentioned.

According to Eton's website, the E1 has Stereo Line-Level Audio
Inputs/Outputs. Since it has stereo line-level outputs, it must be
stereo compatible when hooked up to a stereo. I think this is much
smarter than have two speakers in the unit. I would much rather have
a decent size portable to carry around than a big boombox. The
boombox just wouldn't sell for the price this set is going to cost.
In the past, boombox AM/FM/FM Stereo/SW sets were not successful at
all. Several brands tried it several years ago, including SONY,
SHARP, PANASONIC, and others. Good Guys used to carry them. They
were a flop. I found the stores closing them out and then never
ordered any more. I, myself, purchased a closeout SHARP AM/FM
Stereo/SW boombox with 4 speakers. Great sounding. Decent shortwave
reception, but lots of harmonics. This was about ten years ago and
I've never seen them since. Unfortunately, I gave mine away.

Old June 14th 04, 10:42 PM
Sanjaya

"Gary" wrote...
According to Eton's website, the E1 has Stereo Line-Level Audio
Inputs/Outputs. Since it has stereo line-level outputs, it must be
stereo compatible when hooked up to a stereo.

[snip]

Awesome! I just checked
http://www.etoncorp.com/asp/EIXM.asp
and found the information you mentioned.

Now I want one... when they come out that is.

How much is an XM subscription?

Old June 15th 04, 04:06 AM
Howard

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:42:23 GMT, "Sanjaya"
wrote:

"Gary" wrote...
According to Eton's website, the E1 has Stereo Line-Level Audio
Inputs/Outputs. Since it has stereo line-level outputs, it must be
stereo compatible when hooked up to a stereo.

[snip]

Awesome! I just checked
http://www.etoncorp.com/asp/EIXM.asp
and found the information you mentioned.

Now I want one... when they come out that is.

How much is an XM subscription?

The issue of when they come out is too speculative - it's been
promised for too many years. As to the XM subscription it's in the
$10 - $13 a month range. It used to be $13 but they may have lowered
the price to better compete with Sirius.
Old June 15th 04, 09:42 AM
Sanjaya

"Howard" wrote...

The issue of when they come out is too speculative - it's been
promised for too many years. As to the XM subscription it's in the
$10 - $13 a month range. It used to be $13 but they may have lowered
the price to better compete with Sirius.

Thanks Howard. I'll seriously consider the radio if it's every issued.

Old June 15th 04, 05:01 PM
RHF

FO&A,

Sent ETON Corp. a 'copy' of this posting and their Reply was to
"Keep Monitoring" their WebSite http://www.grundigradio.com/

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (RHF) wrote in message
Eton ELITE "Series" Radio - News

At this time these is NO "Official" [News]
from the Eton Corp about these radios.

The Latest word is that the Eton E1-XM Radio is now being
"RUMORED" to be 'available' OCT-NOV-DEC 2004 ? ? ? ? ? ?
From the Universal Radio website:

.