Old June 16th 04, 03:18 AM
Roy

snow wrote:

I don't own one, but from reading the reviews the Degen 1102 sounds like a
great radio and get be found for under $60 (with shipping included)
on Ebay. The 1102 appears to have the same ability as the Grundig YB 400
which I have own. The YB 400 is a fine radio but a bit more expensive.
Somewhere around $120 if you search for a deal on it.
"Roy" wrote in message

Looking to purchase a good quality radio under $150. What features
should I look for? Thanks

Thanks for the tip snow.
Old June 16th 04, 03:28 AM
Telamon

In article , Roy
wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article , Roy
wrote:
Looking to purchase a good quality radio under $150. What features
should I look for? Thanks

Here is a list of portable radios:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable.html

Here is a feature comparison chart:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...le/chartp.html

Thanks for the lists. Very informative. On another subject, did you feel
the earthquake that rattled southern California today?

No. I first heard about this on the radio station KOGO.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 16th 04, 03:29 AM
Jackie

If it were my money, I'd likely buy a Drake R8B as my tabletop radio of
choice, and I've already got a DE1103 (which I really like, and which is
definitely in your current price range). Some popular choices for tabletop
receivers: Icom's R75, Yaesu's FRG-100B, Ten-Tec's RX-350D. These range from
about $500 (for the R75 and FRG-100B) to about three times that much, in the
case of the Drake and Ten-Tec.

Start saving your pennies!

Jackie

Old June 16th 04, 04:37 AM
Telamon

In article kgOzc.98097$3x.85024@attbi_s54,
"Jackie" wrote:

If it were my money, I'd likely buy a Drake R8B as my tabletop radio of
choice, and I've already got a DE1103 (which I really like, and which is
definitely in your current price range). Some popular choices for tabletop
receivers: Icom's R75, Yaesu's FRG-100B, Ten-Tec's RX-350D. These range from
about $500 (for the R75 and FRG-100B) to about three times that much, in the
case of the Drake and Ten-Tec.

Start saving your pennies!

If you don't mind buying used there is Ebay and Universal radio has a
page just for used equipment.

http://www.universal-radio.com/alert.html

There aren't any for sale on that page right now so check it another
time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California