Old June 17th 04, 06:00 PM
dxAce

Default Rush Bounced from AFN?

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.as...20040617a.html

An interesting story, and Rush spoke about it during his first hour
today.

Rush made a good point that his show is only on AFN for an hour, and a
great deal of the remaining programming is indeed of a liberal bias.

And it is 'on topic'... as AFN is indeed carried on shortwave... so all
ya numbnuts out there stuff a sock in it!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old June 17th 04, 09:43 PM
T. Early

"dxAce" wrote in message

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.as...20040617a.html

An interesting story, and Rush spoke about it during his first hour
today.

Rush made a good point that his show is only on AFN for an hour, and

great deal of the remaining programming is indeed of a liberal bias.

And it is 'on topic'... as AFN is indeed carried on shortwave... so

all
ya numbnuts out there stuff a sock in it!

Still, it -is- a taxpayer funded medium, and there's no question that
Rush is -overtly- political on his show. I don't think that
conservatives can constantly question taxpayer funding of liberal
outlets like NPR and public TV without at least recognizing that the
"other side" has the right to question taxpayer-supported
dissemination of Limbaugh. What's good for the goose.....

Old June 17th 04, 10:25 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"T. Early" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.as...20040617a.html

An interesting story, and Rush spoke about it during his first hour
today.

Rush made a good point that his show is only on AFN for an hour, and

great deal of the remaining programming is indeed of a liberal bias.

And it is 'on topic'... as AFN is indeed carried on shortwave... so

all
ya numbnuts out there stuff a sock in it!

Still, it -is- a taxpayer funded medium, and there's no question that
Rush is -overtly- political on his show. I don't think that
conservatives can constantly question taxpayer funding of liberal
outlets like NPR and public TV without at least recognizing that the
"other side" has the right to question taxpayer-supported
dissemination of Limbaugh. What's good for the goose.....

Anyone that says that a great deal of the programming on AFN is liberal has
never listened to AFN. As it's all I HAVE to listen to, I know differently.

The primary programs carried on our AFN outlets are music programs (C/W,
rock, urban, oldies). The other programming is a pretty balanced mix of
Rush, Dr. Laura, Sports Overnight USA, Jim Rome, and, yes, All Things
Considered (which here, runs in the middle of the night). They also run
other NPR (Public Radio International) programming on the weekends, but
those programs are mostly non-political (Car Talk) or satire/entertainment
(Prarie Home Companion). News sources on the radio include local and
Pentagon news sources, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN and various independents. In
short, AFN works quite diligently to balance their programming so that no
one point of view is pushed over another. Considering the military is a
right-leaning institution, I think that's quite commendable and in keeping
with the spirit of the First Amendment.

Old June 17th 04, 10:38 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message
[...]

ACK!! And after reading the article, I have one more thing to say.. well,
maybe two.

I don't like Rush. I think he's a brainless blowhard. However, I don't think
anyone takes him seriously.. he's entertainment, no different than Howard
Stern or Rosie O'Donnell.

As for the assertion that Rush's program is being used to condition the
troops... that's laughable. For starters, Rush is on the AM outlets. Hardly
any of the troops bother to even listen to the AM outlets. Most of them
here in Korea, and I'm sure elsewhere, are in their late teens to mid
twenties. Out of those, the vast majority tune into either the rock or urban
music services on the FM outlets. Or they listen to CD's. The AM outlets run
oldies in the morning after All Things Considered, up till time for noon
news (which is a one hour bank which includes Army/Air Force/Navy/Marine
Corps news services, Paul Harvey news and comments, Rest of the Story, Focus
on the Family and a short blurb from a different chaplain every day, along
with network news feeds. This is followed by Dr. Laura. After that, C/W
music till 5 PM, then Jim Rome, an hour of news similar to the noon news,
then Sports Overnight USA, followed by Rush Limbaugh at 7:00 and various
news and information programming from 8:00 on. And I can tell you that
almost NOBODY listens to ANY of it. (I do, because I haven't any use for any
of the new 'music' (gads, I sound like my parents). By the same token, none
of those young soldiers has any use for news or 'old people's music'.

*climbs down from soapbox*

Old June 17th 04, 11:03 PM
elg110254

Ya gotta admit, Brenda Ann, that Jim Rome & Ron Barr's Sports Byline &
Overnight are bastions of liberal propoganda(;{)! Actually, about the only
liberal viewpoints aired via A.F.N. are Jim Hightower's snippits! NPR's
right-leaning editorializing has caused a migration of listener sponsors
towards Pacifica's outlets & community stations like Nevada City's KVMR
recently. Tossing Bob Edwards out of his Morning Edition anchor chair probably
didn't appease NPR's listener sponsors either.

Old June 18th 04, 12:59 AM
T. Early

&
Overnight are bastions of liberal propoganda(;{)! Actually, about

the only
liberal viewpoints aired via A.F.N. are Jim Hightower's snippits!

NPR's
right-leaning editorializing has caused a migration of listener

sponsors
towards Pacifica's outlets & community stations like Nevada City's

KVMR
recently. Tossing Bob Edwards out of his Morning Edition anchor

chair probably
didn't appease NPR's listener sponsors either.

Hmmm..."NPR's right-leaning editorializing".....Well, each to his own.
Mao probably considered Stalin "right-leaning."