Old June 20th 04, 07:26 PM
Kees

Default Make your own T2FD

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

Old June 21st 04, 01:54 AM
Soames123

Hey Kees;
Looks great

I live in an apartment;

wonder if the people in the next building would mind
if I strung one up ;

AH ! F**K em! I'll just do it

Put a Huge " Bush For President" banner on it..
-& a tinny radio playing
"Hail To The Chief
24/7

Yeah !!!

Happy DX'ing everyone!!

Subject: Make your own T2FD

From: Kees

Date: 6/20/2004 2:26 PM Eastern Standard Time
Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

Good idea....I could put cardboard cut outs of cumdungeons fish on one
for a beach effect. That would be neato.

Nah...I would hate to ruin what looks like a great antenna design.

Little Vinnie
Old June 21st 04, 03:11 AM
Diverd4777

Thanks for the Post, Kees;
Dan / NYC

Old June 21st 04, 03:16 AM
dxAce

Kees wrote:

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

I made a nice one up a number of years ago and really wasn't impressed
with it.

Stuck with the wires.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old June 21st 04, 11:48 AM
BDK

In article ,
says...

Kees wrote:

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

I made a nice one up a number of years ago and really wasn't impressed
with it.

Stuck with the wires.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

A friend of mine and his son made one, and the drop in noise level was
huge. When he moved and had more room, he made a bigger one, and put
both of them up. His R8A and R8B's were awsome on them. I wish I had one
of my receivers to compare them to the day I was out there.

I wish I had the room for one, but I don't have enough room to make one
big enough to be worth all the work making it. I'll just have to settle
for my 3 medium sized Windom dipoles and one sloper. And the backup
ramdom wire in the attic.

I miss my slinky "longwire", it was awesome! It was only 5 years old
when it "died"...sniff. Gotta throw another one up when it's time to
replace one of the dipoles...

One antenna that I don't miss is the nearly worthless Sony AN1 active
antenna. That one was a stinker..and expensive.

BDK
Old June 21st 04, 08:51 PM
Kees

Hi

What are the odds ? :-)

Well I hear some successtories and non-successtories.

Mine is very low-noise; signals are low too, but I think S/N here is
very very good.

When I use a FD4 or FD3 (Fritzel) or a (long)wire, the RX is much more
"nervous". Very unpleasant listening.

73
Kees

Old June 21st 04, 09:01 PM
dxAce

Kees wrote:

Hi

What are the odds ? :-)

Well I hear some successtories and non-successtories.

Mine is very low-noise; signals are low too, but I think S/N here is
very very good.

Mine was low noise too..., low noise, low signal... always had much, much
better results with a transformer matched wire.

When I use a FD4 or FD3 (Fritzel) or a (long)wire, the RX is much more
"nervous". Very unpleasant listening.

What exactly do you mean by 'nervous'?

Old June 22nd 04, 07:32 PM
RHF

N8KDV,

Fritzel "FD4" Multiband Antenna 80M-10M / 3.5 to 30 MHZ 2kw Dipole
eHAM-REVIEWS= http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1055
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1055?page=2

Fritzel "FD3" Tri-Band 'Dipole' Antenna 40M/20M/10M
eHAM-REVIEWS= http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3497

History of the Windom Antenna
http://www.scotham.net/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=218
"What became perhaps the most popular multiband Windom design
of all, was the German-made Fritzel 'FD4' Antenna"

The "No Tuner, Multi-Band, Off-Center-Fed (OCF) Dipole"
at 135 Feet long with a 6:1 Voltage Balun
OCFD= http://hamcall.net/6bandmegpole.html
Description - Pictures - Graph - Table
NOTE: Some features of this Off-Center-Fed Dipole Antenna
{Windom} are similar to the no longer available and once
popular German Fritzel FD-4 Antenna.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = dxAce wrote in message
= = = ...

Old June 21st 04, 04:25 AM
m II

Kees wrote:
Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fd1.gif

I found that my garage is WAY to far away to use this setup.

Following the formula, I took an average frequency of 10 Megahertz. I
divided into 100, as per the formula. I got an antenna length of
(100ft/10,000,000) = 1 X 10^-5 feet, or 0.00012 inches.

I then thought that this just couldn't be right. I redid it using Meters
instead of feet and arrived at 0.00001 meters length. MUCH BETTER! The
problem now is that the store only sells full length rolls of wire.
Where can I mail order a smaller chunk? Can they just wrap the postage
stamp around it to save shipping costs?

Being ever on the watch for cheap alternatives, what is a cheap way of
relocating the far end antenna support?

I don't want to pay to have the garage moved.

Any insights appreciated.

mike

--

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
MAKE 5000.00 PER WEEK ShowTimeHydros Antenna 1 December 11th 03 11:21 PM