Old June 20th 04, 07:26 PM
Kees

Default Make your own T2FD

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

Old June 21st 04, 01:54 AM
Soames123

Hey Kees;
Looks great

I live in an apartment;

wonder if the people in the next building would mind
if I strung one up ;

AH ! F**K em! I'll just do it

Put a Huge " Bush For President" banner on it..
-& a tinny radio playing
"Hail To The Chief
24/7

Yeah !!!

Happy DX'ing everyone!!

Subject: Make your own T2FD

From: Kees

Date: 6/20/2004 2:26 PM Eastern Standard Time
Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

Good idea....I could put cardboard cut outs of cumdungeons fish on one
for a beach effect. That would be neato.

Nah...I would hate to ruin what looks like a great antenna design.

Little Vinnie
Old June 21st 04, 03:11 AM
Diverd4777

Thanks for the Post, Kees;
Dan / NYC

Old June 21st 04, 03:16 AM
dxAce

Kees wrote:

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

I made a nice one up a number of years ago and really wasn't impressed
with it.

Stuck with the wires.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old June 21st 04, 04:25 AM
m II

Kees wrote:
Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fd1.gif

I found that my garage is WAY to far away to use this setup.

Following the formula, I took an average frequency of 10 Megahertz. I
divided into 100, as per the formula. I got an antenna length of
(100ft/10,000,000) = 1 X 10^-5 feet, or 0.00012 inches.

I then thought that this just couldn't be right. I redid it using Meters
instead of feet and arrived at 0.00001 meters length. MUCH BETTER! The
problem now is that the store only sells full length rolls of wire.
Where can I mail order a smaller chunk? Can they just wrap the postage
stamp around it to save shipping costs?

Being ever on the watch for cheap alternatives, what is a cheap way of
relocating the far end antenna support?

I don't want to pay to have the garage moved.

Any insights appreciated.

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'
Old June 21st 04, 04:59 AM
Howard

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:25:46 GMT, m II
wrote:

Kees wrote:
[...]

In the event that you are not just being sarcastic, here's a link that
may help.
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx.../t2design.html
Old June 21st 04, 05:11 AM
G.Beat

"Kees" wrote in message
Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

The Tilted Terminated Folded Dipole ("T2FD") is a broadband folded dipole
antenna design that provides a relatively
stable feed point impedance over about a five to one frequency range. The
antenna
length in meters is approximately 100 divided by the lowest desired
operating
frequency in megahertz. The upper element of the folded dipole is opened in
the
center and a non-inductive terminating resistor of around 350-400 ohms is
inserted.
The bottom element is fed in the center through a 6-to-1 balun for a good
match to
50 ohm feed line.

The antenna is not as efficient as a matched half wave dipole at any
specific
frequency, but it also does not require an antenna tuner for operation,
making it
easy to use. The loss of receiving efficiency is not generally noticeable
in the high frequency range (2-30 MHz), amounting to less than 6 db (one
standard
S-unit) during extensive on-the-air testing.

Here is additional information on the T2FD antenna.

Barker & Williamson actually applied for a US patent (US Patent #4423423)
for their specific T2FD antenna design.
http://www.fact-index.com/t/t2/t2fd_antenna.html

While this may be acceptable for SWL operation, the resistor does not have
sufficient wattage for
any station attempting to use this for a transmitting antenna.
http://www.tuberadio.com/tfd.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0562.html

w9gb

Old June 21st 04, 05:11 AM
m II

wrote:

Kees wrote:

[...]

Thank you, but now I have to cancel the building movers.

mike

(Are the numbers REALLY better on this site or is it just a plot by the
copper wire conglomerates to sell more product? g).

1. The length of each leg ("A'') from the center is equal to 50,000
divided by the lowest desired operating frequency (in kHz) and then
multiplied by 3.28. The answer is in feet.

2. The spacing between radiating wires ("B") is equal to 3000 divided by
the lowest desired operating frequency (in kHz) and then multiplied by
3.28. The answer is in feet.

3. The sloping angle for a non*directional pattern should be on the
order of 30, but 20–40 is acceptable.

Old June 21st 04, 10:57 AM
Hans

m II wrote:
Kees wrote:

[...]

In physics always use meters, kilograms, joules and not inches, pounds
or horsepower

Hans

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
MAKE 5000.00 PER WEEK ShowTimeHydros Antenna 1 December 11th 03 11:21 PM