Old June 26th 04, 04:39 PM
LW

Default The Great Liberty Net Invites You ....

.... to join them in listening to profit Stair tonight.

Starts at 10pm Eastern time.

5.770 mHz.

Grabba tubba popcorn. Fix a really huge milk shake.

Get ready for some really great false predictions.

The profit has admitted that President Reagan is dead.

Now maybe he'll predict when President Reagan will leave office.

Be there or be square.

Front row seating reserved for all 4 members of The Great Liberty Net.

All others - first come first served.
Old June 27th 04, 01:01 PM
tomtubesuck

"LW" wrote in message
om...
... to join them in listening to profit Stair tonight.

Nah! Vic shut the net down early because all the
Field Day stations were covering 75 last night.
The usual malcontents and misfits tried to check in
but were quickly frustrated by all the FD clowntesters.
So to give em somethin to read, here's a nice
gem I found in misc.activism.militia which is a tasty
place to read pay-triot looney rantings....enjoy schmucks!

----------------------

"Joseph Pothier" wrote in message
Good Evening Newsgroup Readers!

It's a beautiful evening in our little newsgroup neighborhood! Why?!!

Because the jury just found militiaman Rick Stanley, founder of the
Mutual Defense Pact Militia, **GUILTY!** I am delighted to report, the
jury found him guilty on *TWO* counts. Because this is a felony
conviction it means that once he gets out, he can't have guns anymore.

Those of us in the anti-militia faction should be prepared for one
SnipeUNblue, Stanley's principal supporter in the newsgroup, to go
ballistic for the next few days. Personally, I'm just going to sit back
and enjoy those fireworks!

Article from Rocky Mountain News follows. baaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

++++++++++++++++

Joe Garner And Hector Gutierrez, `Adams Jury Convicts Gun Activist On 2
Felony Counts: Panel Agrees Stanley Tried To Influence Judge,` Rocky
Mountain News, 040625.

BRIGHTON-- Gun activist Rick Stanley was found guilty Thursday on two
felony counts of attempting to influence a public official.

Stanley, 49, owner of a Denver shop-supply company, said he was prepared
for the verdict in the trial, which began Monday in Adams County
District Court behind double security screening - once at the door of
the courthouse and again at the door of the courtroom.

The four-man, eight-woman jury deliberated Wednesday afternoon and
Thursday morning, before returning its decision in a fifth-floor
courtroom with at least 14 uniformed sheriff's deputies cordoning off
Stanley, the attorneys, judge and jury from the public benches.

"I'm never surprised when people allow the government to destroy their
rights," Stanley, who remains free on bond until a Sept. 10 sentencing,
said outside the Adams County Justice Center as supporters gathered
around him.

Diane Szostak, who identified herself as "a militia member from
Michigan," said, "It was exactly what we expected from the system
because the system is corrupt and it convicts innocent people."

Stanley, organizer of the Mutual Defense Pact Militia, was accused of
sending Thornton Municipal Judge Charles J. Rose and 17th Judicial
District Judge Donald W. Marshall Jr. a "notice of order" demanding that
they reverse his conviction for a weapons violation or face arrest by
the militia and a trial for treason.

Rose had convicted Stanley and sentenced him to 90 days in jail for
carrying a firearm onto public property while campaigning as a
Libertarian in September 2002. Marshall upheld the conviction when
Stanley appealed.

"We felt that we had proved the case, and his basic argument was that
the government was picking on him, and apparently the jury didn't think
that was a sufficient reason to attempt to influence a judge," District
Attorney Robert Grant said.

Jury foreman Dan Dionne said the jurors were "cordial and appropriate"
in their deliberations.

"Some of us had our minds made up early on, and some of us did not, but
it wasn't a matter of ganging up on a holdout or anything like that,"
Dionne said.

The jury foreman said he asked the jurors to take several preliminary
votes as they deliberated.

"There was support for Mr. Stanley, but it was a matter of better
understanding what we were passing a verdict on," Dionne said.

Stanley and his lawyers tried to argue that the Thornton ordinance
became invalid and his municipal conviction should have been voided
after Gov. Bill Owens signed a law last year that limited the ability of
local governments to regulate firearms.

Stanley's attorneys argued that one of the law's regulations spelled out
that an anti-firearms ordinance that was enacted by a municipality prior
to March 2003 was "void and unenforceable."

However, the district attorney said he believed the jury focused its
deliberations on whether Stanley committed a crime against the judges.

"I felt that the defense was really a jury nullification defense," Grant
said. "It was an attempt to get the jury to disregard the law, which in
the end, after they reviewed all of the testimony and the evidence, they
did not do."

Deliberations on Wednesday took a strange twist when jurors asked
retired Supreme Court Justice Joseph R. Quinn, who presided, if Stanley
had access to their names and addresses.

Dionne said some of the jurors were "nervous because of the negative
connotations that go with 'militia' nowadays."

After the trial, Stanley said jurors have no cause for alarm.

"I know their names, and I don't care," he said. "I'm not a threat to
them or anyone else; but, if attacked, I would defend myself."

Stanley said his defense attorney R. Scott Reisch would appeal
Thursday's verdict. Stanley's sentence could range from probation to a
maximum of 12 years in prison.