Old July 1st 04, 01:29 PM
dxAce

Default DOD DICTIONARY OF MILITARY TERMS

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang. "Snafu" or "fubar" or similar indispensable
words are not to be found.

See Joint Publication 1-02, Department of Defense Dictionary of
Military and Associated Terms (1.8 MB PDF file):

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp1_02.pdf

Also, while downloading the dictionary, you will be able to
automatically update for free your Adobe Reader to the current 6.02
version, or you can choose to update at a later time if you prefer.

Bob Margolis (via WUN)
=====================================

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 1st 04, 04:37 PM
m II

dxAce wrote:

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang.

Many in the US military indeed DO have a limited amount intelligence, so
it would seem appropriate that the terminology used is adapted to this
reality. Slang would just befuddle these would-be torturers. It was best
left out.

mike

Old July 1st 04, 04:55 PM
Sanjaya

"m II" wrote, in my opinion, prejudicial generalizations,
intended, again in my opinion, to antagonize members of
this group. Since that qualifies him as a troll I have hereby
exercise my PLONK privileges.

Troll post included so that others can PLONK me if they see
it differently.

Old July 1st 04, 05:34 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang.

Many in the US military indeed DO have a limited amount intelligence, so
it would seem appropriate that the terminology used is adapted to this
reality. Slang would just befuddle these would-be torturers. It was best
left out.

Don't look now... but you forgot to put the word 'of' in your first
sentence.

I'm hoping that you are in no way connected with the Canadian Military.

The purpose of the original post was to be of some assistance to those who
monitor the military via the radio.

Old July 1st 04, 05:45 PM
redrum

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:34:17 -0400,dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang.

Many in the US military indeed DO have a limited amount intelligence, so
it would seem appropriate that the terminology used is adapted to this
reality. Slang would just befuddle these would-be torturers. It was best
left out.

Don't look now... but you forgot to put the word 'of' in your first
sentence.

Don't look now but you are too stupid for words.

Old July 1st 04, 07:00 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang.

Many in the US military indeed DO have a limited amount intelligence, so
it would seem appropriate that the terminology used is adapted to this
reality. Slang would just befuddle these would-be torturers. It was best
left out.

Don't look now... but you forgot to put the word 'of' in your first
sentence.

Don't look now but you are too stupid for words.

Then how did you manage to string a few of them together, 'tard?

Old July 1st 04, 11:06 PM
m II

dxAce wrote:

Don't look now... but you forgot to put the word 'of' in your first
sentence.

I'm hoping that you are in no way connected with the Canadian Military.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if we HAD a military. Things
haven't been the same since certain corrupt interests managed to scrap
the Avro Arrow project.

Then there was the Bras D'Or hydrofoil fiasco. Then the refitting of the
Bonaventure.

On and On....

mike
Old July 2nd 04, 06:28 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Sanjaya" wrote:

"m II" wrote:
Many in the US military indeed DO have
'a limited amount intelligence', so it would
seem appropriate that the terminology used
is adapted to this reality. Slang would just
befuddle these would-be torturers. It was
best left out.

"m II" wrote, in my opinion, prejudicial
generalizations, intended, again in my
opinion, to antagonize members of this
group. Since that qualifies him as a troll
I have hereby exercise my PLONK
privileges. (snip)

Actually, I thought his comments were pretty funny, especially the part
about intelligence. Of course, perhaps you have to be around the military
most of your life, and have worked in military intelligence, to really get
the humor of it. The "would-be torturers" part was a little over the top,
but, since it did happen, that impression is something the military will
have to deal with for some time.

Stewart

Old July 2nd 04, 06:58 AM
redrum

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

The Pentagon has reissued its Dictionary of Military and Associated
Terms, featuring 736 pages of definitions updated through March 23,
2004.

The Dictionary includes a limited amount of intelligence terminology,
but no military slang.

Many in the US military indeed DO have a limited amount intelligence, so
it would seem appropriate that the terminology used is adapted to this
reality. Slang would just befuddle these would-be torturers. It was best
left out.

Don't look now... but you forgot to put the word 'of' in your first
sentence.

Don't look now but you are too stupid for words.

Then how did you manage to string a few of them together, 'tard?

As you've proven with your answer, you can hardly form a sentence
yourself. Attempting to correct someone else when your own grasp of
the English language is severely limited reinforces my opinion that
you are too stupid for words. I repeat,