Old July 3rd 04, 12:25 PM
Radioman390

Default 7 Carriers in Pacific mid-July

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

Old July 3rd 04, 12:32 PM
dxAce

Radioman390 wrote:

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

I've heard a few things about Vladimir Putin signing off on some things that would
allow Russia to sell some of their Kilo class submarines to the US who would then
sell them to Taiwan.

The Chinese won't be happy about that.

I'm sure there would be some activity on HF regarding the carriers, have to keep an
eye on the WUN postings.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 3rd 04, 12:43 PM
dxAce

Radioman390 wrote:

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

I just did a Google of Summer Pulse 04 and found a lot of info.

Old July 3rd 04, 12:47 PM

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

Ok guys, we will put all them big boats there,
in a circle, and you smaller ones head them off at the pass/// sorry, ok
the bay.

Old July 3rd 04, 12:47 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Radioman390 wrote:

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

I just did a Google of Summer Pulse 04 and found a lot of info.

However, I don't see where the excercise is bringing them all to the China area, they
talk about operating in 5 theatres simultaneously.

Old July 3rd 04, 01:21 PM
dxAce

Radioman390 wrote:

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

According to other credible sources, this is disinformation...beware.

Old July 3rd 04, 01:44 PM
dxAce

Curmudgeon wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:21:49 -0400, dxAce wrote:

Radioman390 wrote:

Should be SOME HF activity, no?

June 30, 2004

Singapore, Singapore, (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of
force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using
force toward Taiwan.

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

This will be the first time in U.S. naval history for seven of the navy's 12
CSGs to be sent to one region.

According to other credible sources, this is disinformation...beware.

You're a liar and a fabricator. Why should we believe you?
Remember when the "Warships Captured" turned out to be inflatables popped. You lied then and can't be trusted to bring us solid information. Stand
Down Poodle Boy, STAND DOWN!

I originally reported what Iran stated. Please show me a source which indicates that they were 'inflatables'.

I stand by my recent reports regarding US Navy activity. All credible sources report that these activities will take place in 5 theatres
simultaneously. Not congregated off the coast of China.

Nice try, 'tard. Get back to me after you've done some research.

Lo L
| LoL
| o LoL
| o /| _
| ___ / |_____ / _
| / o \ _/ _
\ ) )) Curmudgeon is an idiot! _
\____ _______ / \ _
\ | \ _
\|

Born to be trolled©

Old July 3rd 04, 10:11 PM
Radioman390

The exercise, codenamed Operation Summer Pulse 04, is expected to bring seven
aircraft carrier strike groups, or CSGs, to waters a safe distance off the
Chinese coastline -- but within striking distance -- after mid-July, The
Straits Times reported Wednesday.

OFF THE CHINESE COASTLINE...YES A SAFE DISTANCE, BUT within striking distance,

I didn't read it wrong. However the information may be wrong or misleading