Old July 11th 04, 08:59 PM
Sam

Default ? Good deal: EBAY- NEW DEGEN 1102 and 1103 SWR - ~$55 + 18 Shipping USD

I am in Canada and I am looking for a comparable SWR mainly being used
while on holidays. I came across this retailer that sells a lot of
these.

http://tinyurl.com/33bc2

Just wondering on your comments.

Thanks

Sam

Old July 11th 04, 10:12 PM
Jackie

Yes, this is a good deal and lipyn is an excellent seller. I bought the 1103
from him. Fast shipping from China and very good prices. Highly recommended.

Jackie

news_gIc.72573$P7.58748@pd7tw3no...

Old July 11th 04, 11:28 PM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Sam wrote:
I am in Canada and I am looking for a comparable SWR mainly being used
while on holidays. I came across this retailer that sells a lot of
these.

http://tinyurl.com/33bc2

Just wondering on your comments.

Thanks

Sam

Have bought both the DE 1102 and DE 1103 from LIYPN. Completely honest
and up front seller I have EVER worked with. You will not be
disappointed in his service! I consider him to be one of the *BEST*
sellers on Ebay!

SYSYPHUS' SISTER
Old July 11th 04, 11:53 PM
Mike S.

In article o_gIc.72573$P7.58748@pd7tw3no, Sam wrote:
I am in Canada and I am looking for a comparable SWR mainly being used
while on holidays. I came across this retailer that sells a lot of
these.

http://tinyurl.com/33bc2

Just wondering on your comments.

This dealer (liypn) has established a very good reputation as a cheap,
reliable source of direct Chinese imports. I'd go for it...a lot of folks
on this newsgroup have done so.

Old July 12th 04, 04:54 AM
Sam

"SYSYPHUS' SISTER" wrote in message
:
: Have bought both the DE 1102 and DE 1103 from LIYPN. Completely
honest
: and up front seller I have EVER worked with. You will not be
: disappointed in his service! I consider him to be one of the *BEST*
: sellers on Ebay!
:
: SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Cool, what's the difference between the 1102 and 1103? Which is
better?

Old July 12th 04, 03:16 PM
AbbN

Hi,
Go to Radio Shack and get a Grundig Mini-100PE. For the $$ (around $40 CDN I
think) this baby is quite a shocker. I got one a few years ago for my "shirt
pocket" and was stunned by what it can pick up. You certainly don't judge
this thing by it's size and it's extremely easy on batteries. FYI, I also
own a DX-398, Grundig 400PE and Sat-800

Take Care
Abb N
Windsor, Ontario Canada

Old July 13th 04, 05:13 AM
Sam

"Mike S." wrote in message
::
: This dealer (liypn) has established a very good reputation as a
cheap,
: reliable source of direct Chinese imports. I'd go for it...a lot of
folks
: on this newsgroup have done so.

Somebody outbid me just moments ago on the 1102. But, this can be a
blessing in disguise.

What's really the difference between the 1102 and 1103? Which one is
better to get since they are only about $10-20 USD difference between
the two? I read that the 1103 has usb and lsb but the 1102 doesn't?

Old July 13th 04, 04:32 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Sam schrieb:

"Mike S." wrote in message
::
: This dealer (liypn) has established a very good reputation as a cheap,
: reliable source of direct Chinese imports. I'd go for it...a lot of folks
: on this newsgroup have done so.

Somebody outbid me just moments ago on the 1102. But, this can be a
blessing in disguise.

What's really the difference between the 1102 and 1103?

One difference should be striking when looking at pics of the two - the
DE1103 is somewhat bigger and uses a simulated analog dial. The keypad
had to move to a row under the LCD, not really perfect but better than
none. The DE1103 covers 100 MHz to 30 MHz continuously (the DE1102
normally only covers AMBCB and 3...30 MHz and can only be tricked into
receiving LW and such). The DE1103 is less noisy on MW and uses better
IF filters (the DE1102 had to face some criticism in terms of
selectivity).

Which one is
better to get since they are only about $10-20 USD difference between
the two?

Definitely the DE1103. I'd prefer the looks of the 1102 but raw
performance is in favor of the 1103.

I read that the 1103 has usb and lsb but the 1102 doesn't?

Both feature SSB, AFAIK with automatic sideband selection according to
the frequency range. I'd recommend subscribing to the two Yahoo! groups
for the DE1102 and DE1103.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W