Old July 14th 04, 02:21 PM
Rigali5

Default R71A question

Hello,

My R71A is off freq. by 1 KHz.
If I'm listening to a SSB signal on 14.2500 it will 0 beat on 14.2499.
Can you tell me how to adjust ? I do have a Freq. counter and DVM

Thanks,
Darryl Rigali
Old July 14th 04, 10:11 PM
Rigali5

WWV is also of by 100KHz
Old July 14th 04, 11:02 PM
john KB5AG

turn the radio upside down and look for the little hole towards the front of
the case. There's a small pot that you can access with a phillips
screwdriver, and adjust the LO (to a minor degree). Don't do it until the
radio has been on for an hour or so, to warm up a bit.

And, don't be surprised if it isn't off a bit from time to time. Unless you
have the crystal oven option for the R71, it's probably rated at +/-10ppm
from cold to warm, and maybe 5ppm thereafter. At 10mhz, I believe that's
+/-50hz, right?

Sounds like yours is pretty darn close now.

John
"Rigali5" wrote in message
WWV is also of by 100KHz

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
r5000 or r71a Jerry Shortwave 21 October 18th 03 01:44 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM