Old July 18th 04, 11:48 PM
Diverd4777

Hey Drifter..

How'd you come up with this handle
( Just Curious)

Dan

In article , Drifter writes:

anyone have a nice SINPO report form? nice fill
in the blanks type. lost mine, and really don't
want to spend any time with print shop today. i
couldn't find any i really liked on the web. so,
what do you use for reports? open for ideas here.
thanks so much...
Drifter...

Old July 19th 04, 12:25 AM
dxAce

Diverd4777 wrote:

Hey Drifter..

How'd you come up with this handle
( Just Curious)

You looking for soame new names..? ;-)

dxAce

Old July 19th 04, 12:47 AM
Da Shadow

Well Billy Crystal was known as a drifter - if you get my drift

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
---------------------

Old July 19th 04, 01:45 AM
Drifter

well, i have been on the move most of my life. been to
64 countries. love to travel. i'm a member of the
Britannia club. seen the Sphinx, walked "the street of
1,000 women" in Turkey. spent 31 months in Nam. so,
been there and done that many time's. one of the few places
i didn't like was Paris. stinks; smells like an open
cesspool. really love Asian rim. hope to retire somewhere
around there. all i need is a roof, a warm ocean, and
women in thongs. been to a lot of places i listen too
on sw. traveled for Westinghouse in the 70s; nuke/mech
EE. was lucky enough to get a position with the largest
Japanese TV manuf when they opened a shop in W.Pa. great
people to work for. so, i still get to move around alot.
well, the last year its been mostly to San Diego and into
Mexico. had some bad times too. jungle rot on the feet.
that never really goes away. been shot 7 times. blown-up
4 times. crash landed 4 times in a chopper and once in a
light plane. also had malaria, that comes back sometimes.
etc. just love it. this lifetime has been a good one most
of the time. guess i'm just a throw-back to the early
explorers. questions???
friends call me Drifter cause i'm never, almost ever home.
W.Pa. ask the ex-wife...
Drifter...
Old July 19th 04, 01:49 AM
dxAce

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Those chopper crashes will wind up giving you problems, one way or the
other...

dxAce

Old July 19th 04, 02:19 AM
Diverd4777

Subject: on topic- SINPO/ Hay Drifter...
From: Drifter
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:45:54 GMT

[...]

Ok..
Good to hear you're alive
Haven't traveled anywhere near as much as you..
Been to the Caribbean bunch of times; ( Mostly diving )

- Loved Grenada . . .

Dan

Old July 19th 04, 03:05 AM
clifto

dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:
[...]

I have been a rover; I have walked alone. Hiked a hundred highways,
never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy; reason is, you see,
once in a while along the way, love's been good to me.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-

Old July 19th 04, 04:25 AM
Bill

Diverd4777 wrote:

From: Drifter
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:45:54 GMT

[...]

Way to go mr. Drifter. It was only a year or two ago where finding a
seat in a Western Internet Cafe scenario was impossible. I find that to
be true in my travels too...in places like eastern Colorado.
I've been off the mainland for 18 years and have done all the malaria,
dengue, ballpoint pens don't write. Where are you posting from
nowadays? And have you come to the same conclusion as I have
=BILL
Old July 19th 04, 09:37 PM
clifto

dxAce wrote:
I have been a rover; I have walked alone. Hiked a hundred highways,
never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy; reason is, you see,
once in a while along the way, love's been good to me.

Rod Mckuen....

It took Rod to make it; it took Frank Sinatra to make it great.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-
expected budget surplus in June, propped up by higher quarterly business tax
receipts, a government report released on Tuesday showed.

How to post off topic Al Arduengo Shortwave 1 July 16th 04 08:05 PM
Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others. ed sharpe Equipment 0 June 2nd 04 06:57 AM
How is a posting about radio shack off topic? Steve Giovanis Scanner 13 May 15th 04 05:42 AM
Easter Weekend Logs Noel Shortwave 2 April 14th 04 09:28 PM
Dealing with off topic Rick Antenna 1 November 10th 03 02:51 PM