Old July 21st 04, 01:44 PM
Al - KA5JGV

Default What's With All the Radio and Short-wave Talk?

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander, spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, Tx.

Old July 21st 04, 02:18 PM
dxAce

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander, spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

There are still a couple more to go, but I think they'll be gone one day also.

dxAce

Old July 21st 04, 04:56 PM
Finch

dxAce wrote:

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander, spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

You take credit for that yourself, do you? My, we ARE self-important,
aren't we.

A bit of advice to make your life easier. You won't have to work so hard.

IGNORE them.
IGNORE them.
IGNORE them.

If you IGNORE the offenders they will go away almost immediately.
No muss, no fuss.

Didn't you learn that when you were a kid?

Old July 21st 04, 07:17 PM
T. Early

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing

but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander,

spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally

got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Old July 21st 04, 07:26 PM
Brian Hill

"T. Early" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing

but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander,

spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally

got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Yep! That's them. Spooky devils arn't they?

Old July 21st 04, 08:04 PM
Michael Bryant

From: "T. Early"

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing

but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander,

spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally

got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Yep. What idiots. Frankly, I don't know what Lare's up to these days, but he
could've stopped his crap anytime he wanted. It took me ignoring him for real
improvements to occur.

After all, he is ALWAYS the one that starts it. Witness the quote above.

And the jackass w th the lame URL.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)
Old July 21st 04, 08:08 PM
dxAce

From: "T. Early"

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing

but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander,

spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally

got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Yep. What idiots. Frankly, I don't know what Lare's up to these days, but he
could've stopped his crap anytime he wanted. It took me ignoring him for real
improvements to occur.

After all, he is ALWAYS the one that starts it.

Look here, Fat Boy. I wasn't 'starting' anything. I was answering a question.

Old July 21st 04, 08:18 PM
Brian Hill

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message

Yep. What idiots. Frankly, I don't know what Lare's up to these days, but

he
could've stopped his crap anytime he wanted. It took me ignoring him for

real
improvements to occur.

After all, he is ALWAYS the one that starts it. Witness the quote above.

And the jackass w th the lame URL.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Geat Debater has Spoken!!!!! Ta! Da!

Old July 21st 04, 08:28 PM
dxAce

From: "T. Early"

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get, nothing

but talk
about short-wave and radio! What happened to all the slander,

spam, and
political crap? Are my filters finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally

got rid of
Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Yep. What idiots. Frankly, I don't know what Lare's up to these days, but he
could've stopped his crap anytime he wanted. It took me ignoring him for real
improvements to occur.

Actually what it took was YOU not posting the volume of absolute crap YOU were
putting out.

Now you just keep concentrating on hanging on to your job at Louisville Technical
Institute, (you know, the one you lied about being fired from) and leave the
DX'ing to us.

dxAce

Old July 22nd 04, 02:21 AM
Telamon

In article ,

From: "T. Early"

"dxAce" wrote in message

Al - KA5JGV wrote:

I turn to a short-wave radio newsgroup and what do I get,
nothing but talk about short-wave and radio! What happened to
all the slander, spam, and political crap? Are my filters
finally kicking in?

Nice to see us back on topic.

It was a long, hard fought battle, but I do believe that I finally
got rid of Bryant and his clown posse.

These guys?

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/i_c_p/artist.jhtml

Yep. What idiots. Frankly, I don't know what Lare's up to these days,
but he could've stopped his crap anytime he wanted. It took me
ignoring him for real improvements to occur.

After all, he is ALWAYS the one that starts it. Witness the quote
above.

And the jackass w th the lame URL.

You are the authority on being a "jackass."

All the off topic political threads you started had nothing to do with
dxAce and there were many.

You don't own any of the radios in your signature or listen to short
wave.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California