Old August 12th 04, 04:51 PM
PittViper

Default FS: Sony ICF2010

Hi,

I would like to sell this radio. I bought it about 12 years ago, and
it is in perfect condition. Still have origional box and manual. I
am thinking of getting another radio.

I have been away from the hobby of shortwave for a while. What is the
best portable to get right now? Is it the Sony SW77? I need to get
back up to speed on equipment.

In any event, if anyone is interested in this radio, let me know.
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Ciao for now,

Viper
Old August 12th 04, 10:25 PM
Volker Tonn

PittViper schrieb:
Hi,

I would like to sell this radio. I bought it about 12 years ago, and
it is in perfect condition. Still have origional box and manual. I
am thinking of getting another radio.

I have been away from the hobby of shortwave for a while. What is the
best portable to get right now? Is it the Sony SW77? I need to get
back up to speed on equipment.

In any event, if anyone is interested in this radio, let me know.
Make me an offer I can't refuse.

KEEP YOUR 2010!
There is STILL NO better portable radio performance wise.

Do some easy mods to just improve performance.
I changed the IF-filters to MuRata CFK and CFJ types.
I made the AGC switchable to very fast and very slow.
I added 2+2 diodes to prevent overloading the 1st stage FET.

Old August 13th 04, 02:20 AM
ben

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message
Snip KEEP YOUR 2010!
There is STILL NO better portable radio performance wise.

What a load of ********!!!
Ben

Old August 13th 04, 02:43 AM
Mr Bill E

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:20:24 GMT, "ben"
wrote:

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message
.. .
Snip KEEP YOUR 2010!
There is STILL NO better portable radio performance wise.

What a load of ********!!!
Ben

Satellit 700

Old August 14th 04, 05:17 PM
PittViper

Is there a place on the web that shows you how to do these mods. Are
they easy?

Why do the diode mod. What has to happen to overload the fet, and how
can you tell if it already has happened? I don't think mine are
overloaded, but I would like to check.

What does making the agc switchable get you?

What do the filter changes do? Can you tell me audibly what the
difference heard would be?

TIA,

Viper

Old August 15th 04, 05:33 AM
Mark

The FET can be blown easily on this radio (by static for example). Its a
known vulnerability with the 2010.

There's a user group on Yahoo (search in their groups for ICF2010). You can
join this and download info about the FET part number etc.

Hope this helps,
Mark.

om...

Old August 13th 04, 08:37 PM
lsmyer

I'm already tired of my Eton E1 so I'll trade you even my E1 for your 2010.

Sony CFM-140S Al Arduengo Shortwave 3 April 10th 04 06:40 AM
FS: New/Unopened Sony ICF-SW07 -- $ 275 Delivered Chuck Gulker Shortwave 16 January 5th 04 04:46 AM
Sony 7600 GR Reception of WGN Chicago (AM 720) Bob D Shortwave 16 September 14th 03 05:21 PM
Sony 7600GR Cell Phones and Amish The Dawn Soliloquy Shortwave 1 September 8th 03 01:59 PM