Old August 16th 04, 04:50 AM
CW

Default Problems With Grundig Yatch Boy 400

A Japanese company with a Chinese name? I don't think so.

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
. net...
Is Tecsun a Japanese company???
All their radios are made in China...

"Short-Wave" wrote in message

"CNDA" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I'm new in this group. My first post is to ask for help locating a

good
service center for my Grundig Yatch Boy 400 receiver. I can't find
nothing through Google. or, elsewhere on the web. I know Grundig has
been having financial difficulties and might not have an active

customer
service department any longer.

I believe the problem with the receiver is in the AC/earphones
connectors which are in the same piece, I believe. I normally keep the
set plugged-in to the AC in order to save on batteries, but when I

plug
or unplug AC the adaptor, the set won't go on unless I jiggle the

plug.
The earphone plug has to be jiggled also in order to get noiseless

sound
on both channels. This set consumes a lot of batteries, so I only

unplug
it for listening away from my bedroom or if the shortwave listening
becomes noisy.

I asked my repair here in Denia, Spain to repair it, they returned to
me after a month a half way saying they couldn't find the part

anywhere.

Any suggestions or should I head out for a Sony 7600.

Thanks in advance,

César

I understand that the Japenese company Tec-Sun are now undertaking some

of
the Grundig repairs
SW

Old August 17th 04, 06:00 PM
uncle arnie

I have a broken YB400, from which I took the back plastic case and speaker
to fix another one. The rest is intact. If a part is still required,
please post what you need and we can have an off board discussion on how to
ship it to you. No cost for the part.

-UA

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:50 pm -0600 UTC, CW no adddress@spam free.com
posted: %MM

--
-

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM
GE Superadio III earphone difficulty - and what is OHM rating Ronald Shortwave 49 January 22nd 04 07:04 PM