Old August 21st 04, 06:12 PM
Bob Monaghan

Default Texas Balloon Launch Team (BLT) to fly ham radio and GPS this saturday 10am

Did they launch today? We got an email that they had cancelled the launch
for today and were postponing it until Sept. date? To bad, we were going
to try to work thru the repeater and monitor it from our club station ;-)

regards bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *
********************Standard Disclaimers Apply*************************
Old August 22nd 04, 08:10 PM
Craig Davidson

The Houston team had a successful mission

The Dallas team slipped their launch to September

see more info he

http://users.crosspaths.net/wallio/A...ouncements.htm

--
************************************************* **********************

Old August 23rd 04, 12:27 AM
Bob Monaghan

thanks for the URL, very nifty; I didn't know about the Houston launch ;-)

the last NTex Balloon Project launch had both balloons lost on launching
(windy); we were monitoring at our campus club station, and heard another
balloon launch in Oklahoma on the same frequencies ;-) Quite a surprise,
as we knew only an average of a launch every year or so in our area ;-)
We are putting up some satellite antennas on a used kenpro AZ-EL rotator,
so now we will be better able to track these balloon launches with your
URL! ;-)

Our campus radio club is working on a balloon launch project to celebrate
our 75th anniversary next semester; I have CWIDer and beacon locator chips
and boards being ordered this week. So maybe we can add a fun special
event station project to the mix next year, if we can get the rest of the
funding we need ;-)