Old August 21st 04, 07:24 PM
Burr

Default Something to Think About

Here in the far West the gold of ARCO is to have a "Filling Station" at
every freeway exit. As far as I can tell just about "ALL" filling station
are owned and operated by Arabs.

This thought comes to my mind every time I buy gas " could all these
underground fuel tanks be setup as bombs waiting for the order to blowup all
our freeway off ramps plus all the other stations in our towns, they own all
of the stations in California I think.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican.

Old August 21st 04, 08:06 PM
Fredrick Garvin

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:24:47 +0000, Burr wrote:

Here in the far West the gold of ARCO is to have a "Filling Station" at
every freeway exit. As far as I can tell just about "ALL" filling station
are owned and operated by Arabs.

This thought comes to my mind every time I buy gas " could all these
underground fuel tanks be setup as bombs waiting for the order to blowup all
our freeway off ramps plus all the other stations in our towns, they own all
of the stations in California I think.

Paranoia is a terrible thing....

Old August 22nd 04, 04:19 PM
Al Patrick

Steve Quayle, www.SteveQuayle.com, seems to think they will one day
receive a * command * to set them all ablaze. Their intent is to
destroy the infidel's (America's) economy. (What a title for a country
that was once declared to be a Christian nation!)

Think about this:

1) Unless they own the stations, they have nothing to loose except a
work place and who needs it when you get soooo much satisfaction out of
destroying the enemy's economy. Otherwise, they get 35 virgins and
eternal peace, they think.

2) The insurance companies have to pay off for all these stations -
unless they go bankrupt or have terrorism exemption clauses in the
policies. They own a BIG piece of the pie and this would hurt our economy.

3) All of a sudden we have a real gas shortage, with no place to pump it
from if any is hauled in. We get long lines, license plate assigned
days allowed to purchase gas, if we can get it and find a station to
pump it.

4) They have stated that even if they never attack again, which they
will, just the THREAT of an attack will cause us to put on more
policemen, better detection devices, etc. which will all cost us money
and hurt our economy -- especially if we buy all our gadgets from afar.

-------

On a more pleasant note: You mention Arco. I got a boat trailer a
couple of weeks ago that had Arco tires on it. The license plate was 20
years old and had rusted off diagonally near the bottom. ? grass or
salt water? The tires were beginning to show some dry rot, but being
possibly 25 years old (remember the plate was 20) I'd trust those tires
much more than some 5 year old tires made in China. These were made in
the U.S. A. !!! Oh, all I had to do was put "buddy bearings" on it and
spin the wheel a few times to get the grease spread around. Spindles
were dry initially but were in very good shape with just a touch of play
in the right wheel. I turned the crown nut just one space to get the
excess play out and all was well. The left wheel was snug enough
already and I didn't even have to pull the second wheel!

Al

===========

Old August 22nd 04, 06:14 PM
Michael Bryant

Burr:

I use Exxon most of the time but the same thing applies, the owner is from
India and a Muslin.

TRAITOR!!!

;-)

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)
Old August 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
Brian Denley

Burr wrote:
I use Exxon most of the time but the same thing applies, the owner is
from India and a Muslin.

How do you know he's a 'Muslin' ?

--
Brian Denley

Old August 23rd 04, 06:38 AM
Burr

I asked him!!!!

I also speak five dialects of Arabic. (a little)

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

Old August 24th 04, 06:50 PM
MnMikew

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
Then why in the hell are you voting Republican? Do you think Bush will

clamp
down on his Saudi friends?

You desperately need to see a doctor about that paranoia, Burr.

And you think Kerry will? Dream on liberal one.