Old August 24th 04, 01:54 AM
Michael Bryant

Burr:

To bad you were not there to see for yourself!!!

Draft Dodging Ass Hole.

Burr, take your meds, buddy. I was 14 in 1972. A little too young for
draft-dodging.

Calm down. Take deep breaths of that Cali air.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)
Old August 24th 04, 02:01 AM
Burr

You could have lied and gone in early!!!!

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

Old August 24th 04, 02:02 AM
dxAce

Michael Bryant wrote:

Burr:

To bad you were not there to see for yourself!!!

Draft Dodging Ass Hole.

Burr, take your meds, buddy. I was 14 in 1972. A little too young for
draft-dodging.

Calm down. Take deep breaths of that Cali air.

Take some really big hits off that bong, Fat Boy!

Old August 24th 04, 02:14 AM
Diverd4777

In article IhwWc.611$HY.427@trnddc03, "Burr" writes:

Maybe that'll play with some Vet groups, but the general American public

is
smarter than to buy that crap!

-B.S;

Ads are * Tested* prior to shipping; using a demographic cross section of the
area they're target to.
All the volunteers are paid for participating. They are then often " Wired Up"
with sensors, galvanic skin response receptors, ( Used to be ) Blood pressure /
breath rate apparatii, etc.
- Maybe it's all built into the " Movie Seats" in the special theater where you
watch the ads.

The participants are first shown a standard ad or cartoon to get a " Baseline "

on their unconsious responses
( Used to be a Mr. Magoo Cartoon. )

Then they show several ads. data are recorded, often they are videotaped while
they watch.
Afterwards they are either handed questionnaires to fill out, or the
participate in a
Question and answer session.

Whole things recorded so that people can go over the results later on,
correlating the reponses to the images / words / Music in the ads
Using this info, they can get a " Go" or " No Go" for a specific ad.

& before it's ever aired on T.V. they know
with a high rate of probability how * You *, watching a specific show in a
specific state, at a specific time
will react to the info & the images and the music on T.V...

There is a decay rate to the effects of these ads, meaning they pile up close
to Election day.

& If you don't have anything to sell, you trash the other guy relentlessly....

Old August 24th 04, 04:47 AM
m II

clifto wrote:

And in actual fact, the only evidence we have that "many American soldiers
did indeed carry out atrocities in VN" is from the lies told by Vietnam
Veterans Against The War.

It just ain't so.

MITCHELL: We have begun hearings today to investigate the military
policy used in Vietnam which appears to us to foster war crimes. We are
concerned with such schemes as free-fire zones, search and destroy
missions, mass resettlement of peasantry and the so-called "bodycount
mania." Since the Dept of Defense [DOD] acknowledges the use of these
tactics, we wish to illustrate graphically what happens when such
tactics are translated into action. Vietnam has been called the ultimate
model war of attrition where civilians die by the score for every combat
soldier killed.
http://members.aol.com/warlibrary/vwch1.htm

On October 19, 2003, the Ohio-based newspaper the Toledo Blade launched
a four-day series of investigative reports exposing a string of
atrocities by an elite, volunteer, 45-man "Tiger Force" unit of the U.S.
Army's 101st Airborne Division over the course of seven months in 1967.
The Blade goes on to state that in 1971 the Army began a 4.5 year
investigation of the alleged torture of prisoners, rapes of civilian
women, the mutilation of bodies and killing of anywhere from nine to
well over one hundred unarmed civilians, among other acts. The articles
further report that the Army's inquiry concluded that 18 U.S. soldiers
committed war crimes ranging from murder and assault to dereliction of
duty. However, not one of the soldiers, even of those still on active
duty at the time of the investigation, was ever court martialed in
connection with the heinous crimes. Moreover, six suspected war
criminals were allowed to resign from military service during the
criminal investigations specifically to avoid prosecution.

http://vancouver.indymedia.org/news/2003/11/87856.php

Killing men, women, children and cutting up of bodies:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/patrick.guen...nnews/stir.htm

Old August 24th 04, 07:19 PM
MnMikew

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message

http://courierjournal.com/cjextra/ed...0822-3637.html

"The person who can bring this destructive ugliness to a halt is the
President himself. Sen. McCain, R-Ariz., has called on him to renounce the

Mr. Bush has not done so, however. Instead, his campaign has argued simply
that it had no hand in the ads. That's unlikely, but in any case it's not
the point."

Bush did so. Will Kerry do the same? Doubtful.

"No president should allow the military service of an American veteran to be
impugned recklessly and malevolently. "

The hypocrisy is amazing.

Old August 25th 04, 01:24 AM
m II

MnMikew wrote:

Any clear-thinking individual would agree that many American soldiers did
indeed carry out atrocities in VN.

Any many more did not. Any clear-thinking individual can see that.

If that is true, why are we still picking on the Nazis? Way under one
percent committed anything resembling an atrocity. Any clear thinking
individual can see that.

mike