Old August 23rd 04, 05:04 PM
Ed Viladevall

Default Yacht Boy 400PE or Sony 7600GR ? - Please help a Newbie

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first SW radio, and it looks like the Yacht Boy or the 7600GR ar egood ones. I don't want to spend more than about $200 right now, so which would you all recommend ? Thanks !!

Ed

"The key to success in life is how well you adapt to Plan B"
Old August 23rd 04, 06:08 PM
lsmyer

If price is your only consideration in deciding between the two, then wait a
month or two and pick up the YB400 from your local Radio Shack. It is
presently $129.97 and it's being closed out. So you can expect their sale
price soon to be $99.97, with their final sale price possibly as low as $75.
Check with your local Radio Shack manager to be sure.

Old August 23rd 04, 09:08 PM
Michael Bryant

The 7600G/GR is much better than the YB400 in every category except FM audio.

Forget the bargains on the YB400.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)

Old August 24th 04, 12:04 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Ed Viladevall schrieb:

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first SW radio, and it looks like the
Yacht Boy or the 7600GR ar egood ones. I don't want to spend
more than about $200 right now, so which would you all
recommend ?

If your priorities are more on the shortwave reception side, the Sony.
The Grundig is better when it comes to FM reception and speaker sound.
(FM selectivity on the Sony can, however, be improved considerably by
replacing the very wide stock IF filters. Two 150 kHz or one 150 kHz
plus one 110 kHz filter will make the set grow quite some ears unless
you're in an area with very strong FM signals which may overload the rx.
In this case, very careful operation of the attenuator thumb wheel may
help.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy 80 and 400 Viktar Siarheichyk Shortwave 5 December 31st 03 02:31 AM
Sony 7600GR Cell Phones and Amish The Dawn Soliloquy Shortwave 1 September 8th 03 01:59 PM