Old August 26th 04, 09:39 PM
NDeveau

Default 2805 kz ?

Anyone know who is broadcasting dx partyline and world of radio at 20:00+
on 2805 kz?
I can't find it in MT or on the web.
Coming in fair to good in Nova Scotia.

Norm
Old August 26th 04, 09:57 PM
dxAce

NDeveau wrote:

Anyone know who is broadcasting dx partyline and world of radio at 20:00+
on 2805 kz?
I can't find it in MT or on the web.
Coming in fair to good in Nova Scotia.

Nope, but WWCR is currently broadcasting WOR on 15825.

What kind of radio are you using?

dxAce

Old August 26th 04, 10:22 PM
NDeveau

In article , dxAce wrote:

NDeveau wrote:

Anyone know who is broadcasting dx partyline and world of radio at 20:00+
on 2805 kz?
I can't find it in MT or on the web.
Coming in fair to good in Nova Scotia.

Nope, but WWCR is currently broadcasting WOR on 15825.

What kind of radio are you using?

dxAce

I just got the ID a couple of minutes ago, then they changed to spanish.

DX-375 With 250 foot random wire, but it comes in quite good on the whip.
Okay, I connected a Trans-Oceanic D7000 to the wire and it's not there.
15285 is though.
Cheap radio.

Someone gave me the D7000 about 30 years ago, it still works but digital
tuning is nice.
How come no one has given me a Drake R8 yet?

Thanks
Norm
Old August 27th 04, 05:34 AM
m II

NDeveau wrote:

Someone gave me the D7000 about 30 years ago, it still works but digital
tuning is nice.
How come no one has given me a Drake R8 yet?

Right after I get mine.

Reminds me of Janis Joplin singing.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Drake R8 B ?
My friends all tune Kenwoods, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Drake R8 B ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a slow scan TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a slow scan TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a bit larger shack?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the big tower,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a bit larger shack?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Drake R8 B ?
My friends all tune Kenwoods, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Drake R8 B ?

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'
Old August 27th 04, 01:53 PM
dxAce

NDeveau wrote:

In article , dxAce wrote:

NDeveau wrote:

Anyone know who is broadcasting dx partyline and world of radio at 20:00+
on 2805 kz?
I can't find it in MT or on the web.
Coming in fair to good in Nova Scotia.

Nope, but WWCR is currently broadcasting WOR on 15825.

What kind of radio are you using?

dxAce

I just got the ID a couple of minutes ago, then they changed to spanish.

DX-375 With 250 foot random wire, but it comes in quite good on the whip.
Okay, I connected a Trans-Oceanic D7000 to the wire and it's not there.
15285 is though.
Cheap radio.

Sounds as though you had an overload problem using that 250' wire on the DX-375.
That can happen.

dxAce

Old August 27th 04, 05:57 PM
CW

The DX 375 is quite good off the whip. Mine would overload badly with a 60
foot wire. More is not always better.

Old August 27th 04, 09:46 PM
NDeveau

In article , "CW" no adddress@spam
free.com wrote:

The DX 375 is quite good off the whip. Mine would overload badly with a 60
foot wire. More is not always better.

I run the antenna coax through a homemade attenuator.
Sometimes I need it for sure.