Old August 26th 04, 10:08 PM
T. Early

Default R-75 Anybody bid on this?

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity. Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Old August 26th 04, 10:24 PM
Brian Hill

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity. Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like the seller ended it early.

Old August 26th 04, 10:36 PM
T. Early

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity.

Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like the seller ended it early.

Yeah, he did and he has perfect feedback.

I was following it and first he delayed putting up the picture, but
then put up an excellent shot. Then he ended the auction. I'm
thinking he may have got the radio from someplace else and then
realized that there was a problem with it, so I'm not suggesting
anything dishonest. I've just been sorta looking around for one
reasonably priced with the synch mod & DSP installed. Now I'm
thinking I may just wait for that Eton E1 !!

Old August 26th 04, 10:56 PM
patgkz

Bad opportunity. The best deal on the R-75 was about two weeks ago when AES
was selling them for $449 brand spankin' new with DSP during "Icom Day".

Do a search for Icom Day and see where the next event is.

Just another comment: You can take those overpriced, rediculous "Kiwa Mods"
and stick 'em.

Old August 26th 04, 11:42 PM
Ken Wilson

Grove usually has good prices . $479.00 I think.

Sure makes selling a used........... whatever a bit harder.

73, Ken

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity. Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...81&ssPage Nam
e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Old August 27th 04, 12:45 AM
Brian Hill

"T. Early" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity.

Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like the seller ended it early.

Yeah, he did and he has perfect feedback.

I was following it and first he delayed putting up the picture, but
then put up an excellent shot. Then he ended the auction. I'm
thinking he may have got the radio from someplace else and then
realized that there was a problem with it, so I'm not suggesting
anything dishonest. I've just been sorta looking around for one
reasonably priced with the synch mod & DSP installed. Now I'm
thinking I may just wait for that Eton E1 !!

Is that Eton E1 going to be good at SW? With all the other coverage FM,AM,XM
etc...?
--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Old August 27th 04, 04:53 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"T. Early" wrote:

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent opportunity.

Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&ssPage Name=
STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like the seller ended it early.

Yeah, he did and he has perfect feedback.

I was following it and first he delayed putting up the picture, but
then put up an excellent shot. Then he ended the auction. I'm
thinking he may have got the radio from someplace else and then
realized that there was a problem with it, so I'm not suggesting
anything dishonest. I've just been sorta looking around for one
reasonably priced with the synch mod & DSP installed. Now I'm
thinking I may just wait for that Eton E1 !!

Do yourself a favor and wait for a review on one when they come out.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 27th 04, 01:48 PM
T. Early

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"T. Early" wrote:

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"T. Early" wrote in message

Odd ending to what originally looked like a decent

opportunity.
Guess
I may be waiting awhile.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&ssPage Name=
STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks like the seller ended it early.

Yeah, he did and he has perfect feedback.

I was following it and first he delayed putting up the picture,

but
then put up an excellent shot. Then he ended the auction. I'm
thinking he may have got the radio from someplace else and then
realized that there was a problem with it, so I'm not suggesting
anything dishonest. I've just been sorta looking around for one
reasonably priced with the synch mod & DSP installed. Now I'm
thinking I may just wait for that Eton E1 !!

Do yourself a favor and wait for a review on one when they come out.

Thanks and I will. I was really kind of kidding since I'm not totally
convinced it's actually coming out.

Old August 27th 04, 04:12 PM
Jim

I saw this on rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Have an Icom R75, DSP, less than 4 months old, Icom power supply, manual,
box, $350, excellent cond. US postal money order only.

DeWayne K9KZ