RadioBanter

-   -   Anything on Shortwave Radio tonite? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44226-anything-shortwave-radio-tonite.html)

KK4TL August 28th 04 07:11 PM

Anything on Shortwave Radio tonite?

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

Vincent Everett August 28th 04 09:11 PM

Depends what you want to listen to?
om...

Kameron Spesial August 28th 04 10:19 PM

Take your pick of subjects by hour. http://www.anarc.org/naswa/swlguide/

That list is not up-to-date. Not worth much.

Diverd4777 August 28th 04 10:36 PM

In article ,

From:
(KK4TL)
Date: 28 Aug 2004 11:11:39 -0700

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

Radio Timtron, on 7.415

- Better than most, anyways...

Telamon August 28th 04 11:05 PM

In article ,
(Diverd4777) wrote:

In article ,

From:
(KK4TL)
Date: 28 Aug 2004 11:11:39 -0700

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

Radio Timtron, on 7.415

- Better than most, anyways...

The 49 and 31 meter bands are normally jam packed with very strong
signals anytime it's dark in your part of the world.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Nobody You Know August 29th 04 02:55 AM

wrote:

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

That's a trick question, right? I mean, everyone knows that 3947.5 khz LSB is
the place to be at 22:00 Eastern (02:00 UT) for the GREAT LIBERTY NET !

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.

Kameron Spesial August 29th 04 06:52 PM

On 29 Aug 2004 14:29:55 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Sat 28 Aug 2004 02:11:39p, (KK4TL) wrote in message
. com:

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

Most likely, but according to some posters, you aren't allowed to talk about
any program content you may actually hear on shortwave... Or perhaps there is
a discrete list of acceptable shortwave program content that is allowed to be
discussed, but M.Terry and J.Dxer (et.al.) have not taken the initiative to
provide that list.

Best of luck to you - and watch out for the R.R.S nannies!

-=jd=-

JD - he's not commenting on what can be spoken about on RRS. And
what's the deal with the nannies thing? What are you talking about?
Do you know of or can you recommend any books on SW that cover things
like passband, notch filters, noise blankers? JD - I noticed you seem
to know what's up with shortwave and would love your help. I don't
want anything super technical. Just trying to understand the
"details" a little better.

Thanks

Mark Zenier August 29th 04 08:43 PM

In article ,
KK4TL wrote:
It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

I'd go with the BBC;

World Business with Peter Day, From Our Own Correspondent,
Interview. 02:30-04:00 UTC
In North America, 5975, 9825, 11835 kHz.

(Because there sure as hell isn't anything on the TV. Unless you're
into the bustless wonders of beach volleyball or whatever General
Electric Television is pumping out tonight).

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

mbacklund August 31st 04 01:29 AM

It is probably illegal to repeat ham conversations, but I very seriously
doubt there is any similar rule regarding SW broadcasting.

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Sat 28 Aug 2004 02:11:39p, (KK4TL) wrote in message
om:

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

Most likely, but according to some posters, you aren't allowed to talk

about
any program content you may actually hear on shortwave... Or perhaps there

is
a discrete list of acceptable shortwave program content that is allowed to

be
discussed, but M.Terry and J.Dxer (et.al.) have not taken the initiative

provide that list.

Best of luck to you - and watch out for the R.R.S nannies!

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Buzzygirl August 31st 04 01:58 AM

"mbacklund" wrote in message
It is probably illegal to repeat ham conversations, but I very seriously
doubt there is any similar rule regarding SW broadcasting.

I have an amateur radio license. I have not heard of any such rules on
repeating ham conversations. There was nothing about that in the rules I
studied to get the license, anyway. The general rule for ham conversations
is, if you wouldn't want to have your mom or kids overhear what you're
saying, then don't say it. But that has nothing to do with others listening
in and repeating what they heard in terms of its legality. In my (limited)
experience, most hams I've heard tend to focus on stuff like their radio
gear, the weather, and the conversants' various health maladies. Like anyone
would want to repeat any of that anyway!

Jackie