Old August 28th 04, 07:11 PM
KK4TL

Default Anything on Shortwave Radio tonite?

It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?
Old August 28th 04, 09:11 PM
Vincent Everett

Depends what you want to listen to?
om...

Old August 28th 04, 10:19 PM
Kameron Spesial

Take your pick of subjects by hour. http://www.anarc.org/naswa/swlguide/

That list is not up-to-date. Not worth much.
Old August 29th 04, 08:43 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
KK4TL wrote:
It's Saturday - I'll be home from work by 6pm.

Anything interesting on SHORTWAVE RADIO tonite?

I'd go with the BBC;

World Business with Peter Day, From Our Own Correspondent,
Interview. 02:30-04:00 UTC
In North America, 5975, 9825, 11835 kHz.

(Because there sure as hell isn't anything on the TV. Unless you're
into the bustless wonders of beach volleyball or whatever General
Electric Television is pumping out tonight).

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old August 31st 04, 01:58 AM
Buzzygirl

"mbacklund" wrote in message
It is probably illegal to repeat ham conversations, but I very seriously
doubt there is any similar rule regarding SW broadcasting.

I have an amateur radio license. I have not heard of any such rules on
repeating ham conversations. There was nothing about that in the rules I
studied to get the license, anyway. The general rule for ham conversations
is, if you wouldn't want to have your mom or kids overhear what you're
saying, then don't say it. But that has nothing to do with others listening
in and repeating what they heard in terms of its legality. In my (limited)
experience, most hams I've heard tend to focus on stuff like their radio
gear, the weather, and the conversants' various health maladies. Like anyone
would want to repeat any of that anyway!

Jackie